20 | center floor

2 0

c e n t e r f l o o r

the second portion of the ballet class

On Sunday morning I headed to the airport to pick up Serenity. As Christmas is tomorrow and school is officially on break, she came over and it was my job as a best friend to pick her up from the airport, since the airport was about an hour away from Walden.

Before leaving I ate a large breakfast consisting of a smoothie and a huge load of pancakes. I took my smoothie to go before I left the house and headed for my car. I don't really use my car, as I'm kind of afraid of driving after what happened to my father, but I'm slowly but surely learning to make a difference in my life and get over my fears.

I can't just let my fear of driving take over my life as in some point in my life I have to get used to the fact of using a vehicle to drive to places. For the past few months my car has just been sitting in the garage untouched, waiting for the day that I gather my courage to drive again. Yes, I've used my car at some point but only when it has been necessary.

Throwing my stuff to the back seat, I start the car and back out of the driveway as I turn on the music and let it quietly consume the air in the car. As I drove down the streets I look at the passing people. Some of them are on a jog, some of them are heading to the stores and some of them are just walking, enjoying the beautiful weather outside.

When I drive past the dance studio I see Rosen's car parked outside of it. Looks like he's practicing again, probably going over our routine. Our audition is in a few days so Rosen is going over everything right now. I'm confident in myself that I won't mess anything up so I'd rather not practice or I will just ruin everything.

At least that's my mentality.

Once I arrive at the airport, I see Serenity waiting for me already as she's sitting on her suitcase, scrolling on her phone. Her long blonde locks are moving as the wind passes through them, the sun illuminating her face in different ways, making her slightly tanned skin appear milky, luminous and soft. She stands up when she sees my car and I look at her outfit. She's rocking a white babydoll dress and a pair of nude lace-up heels, making her already toned and long legs appear even longer.

I stop the car right in front of her and she places her luggage into the trunk before sitting in.

"Hey!" she squeals. "I thought you ditched me or something. I've been waiting for like 10 minutes."

I roll my eyes at her, "Ten minutes is nothing. Be thankful I got here so fast."

"Alright, alright, I'm just fooling around," she giggles as she turns on the radio and an Ed Sheeran song starts playing. Serenity starts singing along the second she hears the music, while I just awkwardly chuckle at her dance moves. She knows I don't listen to mainstream music at all so I have no idea what's on the radio usually.

"I'm in love with the shape of you," she sings. "We push and pull like a magnet do."

"How can you literally sing so well while I sound like a dying alpaca?" I ask, making Serenity throw her head back in laughter.

She shrugs in response, "Guess I've been singing since I was a little girl. Just like you are with dancing. I can't dance at all yet you're so amazing at it."

"That's true," I chuckle.

Once we arrive back in Walden, Serenity is once again completely flabbergasted at the scenery. She is literally in love with this town. It's kind of adorable. We stop in front of my house and I see Saskia and Imogen coming out of Saskia's house and heading to Imogen's car. They smile when they see me pulling up.