29 | chassé

2 9

c h a s s é

The leading foot slides forward into fourth (or side-ward into second), then with a spring off the floor, the stance limb draws up to it in the air, and the leading foot opens to land in fourth (or second).

"This is ridiculous," Rosen mutters for what seems like the thousandth time.

"No, it's not," I reply to him, continuing to stuff my face with food as Rosen walks around the park with my puppy, making sure she gets her exercise.

Rosen stops, turns to me and gives me a stern look. "I'm walking your dog and you're stuffing your face with food. This isn't what I had in mind when you called me to ask if I wanna come help you walk your dog."

I giggle. "What did you have in mind then?"

"I don't know, maybe that we'd be walking together, holding hands and other cute shit like that." Rosen replies, sounding a bit frustrated. Pushing myself off the park bench and walk up to him. I slowly place my hand in his and take a hold of his hand.

Rosen looks down and smiles at me.

"Is this better?" I ask.

"Much better."

We continue walking in the park for about thirty more minutes to make sure that my puppy gets all the exercise she needs without getting too tired. I still haven't figured out a name for her yet. I'm thinking about naming her Coco, Mel or Cassie but I can't decide between those names.

Rosen isn't much help either. He likes all of the names as much as I do so I either have to ask my mom for help with the name or just randomly choose. Speaking of mom, she's coming back home tonight so that's super exciting. I already told her about the puppy so she's super eager to see her. As far as her holiday goes, she told me that she had a lot of fun and that Sven's father is a very lovely man and she wants to pursue a relationship further with him. I'm honestly so happy that mom is starting to step out of her comfort zone and find another man to love.

Although I'm still kind of sad that I'll never be able to see my dad again and I might have a step-father, knowing that it's Sven's father and he's a nice man is good enough for me. I just want my mom to be happy and if they ever get married, then knowing that Sven will be my stepbrother is also super great.

Our walking session gets interrupted when Rosen's phone start ringing. He digs in his pocket and takes out his phone, the name 'Dr. Blakely' flashing on his screen. Rosen furrows his eyebrows as he releases my hand and answers the phone.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks.

I notice his facial expression changing within a second. All the life gets drained out of his face as he listens to what the doctor has to say to him. In a second, I see Rosen's phone slipping out of his hand, hitting the ground momentarily.

Rosen stands still, looking at nothing. His eyes are glazed as a layer of tears covers the surface of his eyes, signalling that he just received some bad news over the phone.

Kneeling down I grab his phone and hand it back to him, but Rosen still doesn't say anything. He's glued to the ground.

"What is it?" I ask, grabbing his forearm.

"It's Faith," he responds. "She died ten minutes ago."

❀❀❀❀❀

Imagine a slow-motion scene from a movie, where people are running down the hallway of a hospital. Because that's what exactly my life feels like right now. Except we're not in slow motion and I'm running while carrying a pug puppy in my arms.