05 | tour

0 5

t o u r

turn of the body

I was awaken from my glorious sleep by a vehement knocking on the door. Rubbing my eyes, I pushed the duvet off my body and was met with the morning coldness in my room, light emanating through the curtains, showing that today was just going to be another warm and humid day–just like every other day in Walden.

Yawning, I push myself onto my feet, taking slow steps towards the door as I rub the remnants of sleep out of my eyes, probably killing every invisible creature on the way with my morning breath. Yes, I had terrible morning breath, just like every other human being. As I open the door, I come face to face with my mother, who looks like once again she's in a hurry to the hospital.

"Hazel, there's a young man by the name Rosen waiting for you downstairs," She uttered, smoothing out the small wrinkles on her blazer. "He mentioned something about you two having a dance practice together."

My eyes widen at my mother's words. Stepping past her, I head downstairs and just like she had previously mentioned, Rosen was waiting for me downstairs, curiously looking around the room and taking in every detail of the house. He looked up once he heard my footsteps and his eyes quickly scan over my outfit. At that moment, I realized I'm wearing my favorite pajama shirt that has The Walking Dead characters on them, along with a pair of shorts with a dog print on them.

A chuckle escapes past Rosen's lips, "Cute shorts," he commented.

Haphazardly I ran a hand through my birds nest of a hair, trying to tame the waves somehow, "Sorry, it completely slipped my mind that we're practicing in the morning."

"Oh, no, it's my fault," Rosen replied, tugging on the hem of his shirt. "We didn't have a set time so I thought I might as well wake you up and that way you can start your morning with a workout and be energized and happy for the rest of the day."

My eyes narrowed on the clock above the fireplace. It was 7:40am. Is this his idea of waking someone up? I planned to sleep for another good three hours but I didn't want to be rude and say that I want to sleep for longer, so I just replied: "Give me ten minutes and I'll try to make myself look presentable."

Rosen laughed, "You don't have to doll yourself up for me, we're just dancing, it's completely fine if you look like that," he pointed to my pajamas. I took this as a sign to scan over his outfit. He had on a pair of sweatpants and a random T-shirt–super casual. His hair was sticking up in small tufts, all going in different directions, a pair of rounded glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose. He looked super good, as usual.

"Give me a few minutes, I'll be right back," I chuckled, turning around and running upstairs like a maniac. Grabbing the closest clean clothes I could find, I chucked my dirty clothes into the hamper and pulled on my new ones. Applying a bit of deodorant and a spritz of body spray and I was almost done. Before heading downstairs, I made a quick stop at the bathroom and I used that time to brush my teeth and try to get the knots out of my hair. Once I was completely done, I grabbed a black pair of high-top Converse and pulled them quickly on before heading downstairs.

Rosen burst out laughing at my clothing choice. I had on a pair of gray sweatpants that were clearly two sizes too big for me—what can I say, I love baggy pants—and I had on a shirt that said 'You're my cup of tea' and there was a tea cup on it. It was actually one of my pajama shirts but Rosen didn't need to know that. I need to keep up with my somewhat cool image that I've got going on in front of him. If he only knew that I was actually a complete loser.