04

04

     "MR. AKERS, YOU'RE LATE. Again," Mr. Dietrich says after sighing through his nose, writing something down on that old clipboard of his, which is probably older than the high school building itself, "Next time, it's a detention, got it?"

     Scott mockingly salutes with a smirk on his face before plopping down in his seat, "Yes, sir."

     Instead of listening his teacher talk about Thermodynamics and their laws, Scott spends majority of the class period doodling different tattoo designs in his notebook. It's not like he doesn't care about school, he genuinely does. It's just that Scott already understands these topics in Physics because, as lame as it is, he enjoys the subject. Scott, when he's not working or hanging out with his friends, actually, legitimately, unnaturally reads ahead in his textbook.

     Nobody really expects him to be an intelligent individual, but he is. How else is he able to list off so many flower names in alphabetical order?

     "Mr. Akers," a loud, booming voice calls, grasping Scott's attention, "can you tell me what the First Law of Thermodynamics is? Or were you too busy drawing those useless designs in your notebook?"

     Asshole, Scott bitterly thinks, lifting his head up to glare at the aging man.

     Scott, to some extent, is a polite person, but everything about his teacher annoys him. Dietrich is one of those teachers who is immediately disliked by the whole student population, regardless of whether he's actually nice or not. His old ways of teaching and biting attitude and close-mindedness about everything really turns all the students away. That's the only thing everyone can agree with.

     "Mr. Akers, I'm waiting for an answer."

     "The First Law states that heat is a form of energy, which can neither be created nor destroyed. However, it can be transferred from one location to another and converted to and from other forms of energy."

     At this answer, everyone just kind of blinks at him, and the Physics teacher clears his throat, "Well, I--"

     Thankfully, the bell cuts off his teacher from saying anything else. Scott gathers his belongings, and as he leaves the classroom, he salutes to the old man once again, saying, "It was a nice lesson, sir. Just make sure everyone else was paying attention, yeah?"

     Along with being straightforward and somewhat sentimental, Scott Akers also possesses the trait of sarcasm.

     After stopping at his locker, Scott notices someone from the corner of his eye. Camille West. She's standing a few feet away with one of her friends, laughing at something.