epilogue

epilogue

THE FIRST WEEK that Scott spent at college was new and exciting, but also familiar within the depths of New York City, where Scott was born and raised. It's weird to think that, after all these years of dreading elementary, middle, and high school, he's making the decision to further his education. Although the novelty of NYU eventually wore off after a few more weeks, it didn't change his opinion on it whatsoever. Scott doesn't regret his choice because he likes learning, experiencing the world, actually doing something with his life. And it gives him to start fresh and become someone he's always been, but too afraid to show in his earlier years. Not only that, but college is a diverse place where no one judges based on his looks and personality.

It's liberating, for lack of a better word.

Except, he's terribly missing Camille. She left for college earlier than he did, and she doesn't get to come back home everyday. It does get hard not to be around her anymore, like how he used to spend almost every waking moment with her. The change is a slight discomfort in his life, but like he so often says: this is the right thing for the both of them. If anything, Scott will take those words to his grave. Also, it's not like they broke up or anything; they're actually striving by FaceTiming every night and texting every chance they get and talking over the phone to just hear each other's voices. Those little contributing factors make day-to-day life more bearable.

     He laughs at that, shouldering his backpack as he walks down the sidewalk

He laughs at that, shouldering his backpack as he walks down the sidewalk. Scott doesn't have classes for another hour or so, but he's currently heading over to Barnes & Noble to get some studying done for one of his classes. Some people throw glances his way, but Scott ignores them and replies to his girl.

 Some people throw glances his way, but Scott ignores them and replies to his girl

      And just like that, their conversation comes to an end

And just like that, their conversation comes to an end. It does get hard, but they're out there, doing what they do best.

❀❀❀

ONE OF THE perks of going to NYU is that it's right in Manhattan, so he can go home and sleep in his own bed without any hassle and be with his family anytime he wants. Scott wishes the same for Camille, but life doesn't come easy, not always. He still gets to work at Sweet Stems with his mom on some days, which he increasingly becomes more grateful about, and today is one of those days.

He's resting his elbows against the counter and hands pressed against his cheeks, listening intently to one of his customer's order. If this guy wants professional, he's definitely not going to find it with this almost nineteen-year-old man. Scott's a fucking florist, but he's still here, questioning why this man is buying flowers in Autumn. Whatever, he's not complaining. Not that much, anyway.

"So," Scott starts, removing one of his hands from his cheek to tap a pen against the counter, "that's two dozen red roses for twenty-five dollars to be delivered on November 13th." How generic.

Well, then again, not everyone is a flower expert like Scott is. If this guy is trying to woo his wife or something, then he should just go with carnations or his wife's favorite flower. Unless she really does like roses, but that's besides the point. Before Scott can open his mouth, the customer pays and leaves, leaving him slightly offended.

His mother makes her way towards him, recognizing his annoyed expression.

"Thinking about changing a customer's mind?"

"He chose roses."

Meredith mock shivers before grinning. "Anyway, you should head home, kiddo. It's almost seven, and if I remember correcting, you have a video date with your girlfriend."

"Priorities, of course," Scott jokes, grabbing his denim jacket and lanyard before bounding over the counter and waving to his mom. Some things never change, no matter how old someone gets.

He can barely wait to get home, so he decides to FaceTime her on the way. Camille immediately answers, blessing him with her beautiful face. She brightly smiles, and Scott's body warms up. In the back of his mind, however, he's hit with the want to be near her and touch her and hug her.

"Hi," she softly says, "How are you?"

"Better, now that you're here," he responds with a wink.

Camille laughs, and Scott once again knows that everything will be okay.

_________________________

Sorry it's so short, but it felt right, you know?

BUT i will probably writing bonus chapters, so comment down below what you want to see!

Thank you once again for waiting and being a wonderful audience. I'll see you guys later <3

 I'll see you guys later <3