18

18

"OI, SCOTTY BOY," Harvey calls as he barges into Sweet Stems with Diana, Pepper, and Max following right after him. Even Camille's friends, Asma and Zee, are also here. They're all prepared for what's to come in a few hours, holding balloons, gifts, and all types of decorations in their hands, which unfortunately isn't for the punk boy. However, it's better than that. Camille's eighteenth birthday is today, on this lovely, yet excruciatingly hot August afternoon. Every moment will definitely be worth it, knowing that the look on Scott's girlfriend's will be so excited and happy.

     Besides, Scott hasn't spent time with his best friends in a while, so this will be a great opportunity to hang out as they decorate and get ready for when Camille comes.

     Scott wolfishly grins at his friends, sitting up from his seat and saying, "Let's get started, yeah?"

      And in his usual manner, he skillfully hops over the counter, landing on his boots with a loud thud. Scott walks over to his friends and takes some of the decorations from Zee's hands, relieving her from the excessive amount that was bound to spill over. She smiles in appreciation, and he playfully rolls his eyes before focusing on the pink and purple streamers in his hands. Scott's thankful that his mom let him close the shop for the day, especially since he doesn't want anyone walking in and witnessing this mess that he's about to create.

"Summer's almost over," Pepper immediately sighs, neatly stacking the gifts on the counter by putting the biggest ones on the bottom and the smallest on the top. As Scott watches his friend from the corner of his eye, he's reminded of the slight weight of his own gift in his pocket, which he wants to share at a more private time with his girlfriend. He then processes what Pepper said a few moments ago.

"Yeah, I can't believe it," Scott agrees with an undertone of slight disbelief, "I'm actually heading to college soon."

"Are you excited?"

"I am," he admits, "I've honestly been waiting for this moment for a long time."

Their conversation piques the interest of everyone else in the room, especially Asma and Zee, who are both unaware of what college he's even going to. And yeah, they're pretty curious in finding out what this punk boy is planning to do with his life. Just by the looks of it, Scott seems to have nothing going on for him except for having a high school diploma and having the experience of working at a flower shop. But they're completely clueless, no offense. They don't know that Scott Akers is one of the smartest people they'll ever come across in their lives, just saying.

      The truth is, Scott's been ready for college since the first day of freshman year, which is unbelievable but true. He wants to do big things with his life, and he's excited to start.