19

19

     THE FACT THAT both Camille and Scott are going to start their lives in a matter of days finally hits everyone. So, both set of parents decided to sleep over at the Akers household and spend the last few moments together. Scott can't even be mad because one, he's with the love of his life, and two, he's with the other people he genuinely cares for -- his parents and Camille's mom (and even Warner). It's just that tomorrow, early in the morning, Camille is going to take a flight to Chicago and prepare herself for college a few days early. Tomorrow, she's leaving, and Scott's staying in New York. Tomorrow, they'll be almost eight hundred miles away from each other, twelve hours away by car, and almost three hours away by flight. Tomorrow, it's no longer going to be Scott and Camille, but Scott. And Camille.

     It's the hardest thing that either one of them will ever have to do, but in the long run, it'll be worth it.

     "Everything's packed, right?" Scott asks, lazily running his ringless fingers through Camille's short hair.

     "Yes, dad."

     Scott winks, even though she can't see it, and says, "I didn't know you were so kinky. Otherwise, I wouldn't have allowed our first time to be so... classy."

     Camille profusely blushes, lifts her head up from his shoulder, and then forcefully punches that exact spot spot, causing the perverted thoughts to escape his mind momentarily. Even though the punch kind of hurt, he just smiles and pulls his girlfriend back to his body, holding her as close as possible. Man, he's going to miss hugging her and kissing her and newly being on that intimate level with her.

     "Just kidding," he whispers in her ear, "Couldn't stop thinking about it for days, either way."

     Embarrassed, Camille buries her head further into his chest as he laughs. She can practically feel the joy rumble through his body, bringing her this sense of peace.  Scott's always happy when it comes to Camille, and nothing feels better than that. He's addicted to her, and being so far from her will definitely take a while to adjust to.

     Even now, it's unbelievable to think that she just waltzed into his life earlier in the year, while he was still a punk working at a flower shop, and she was a complete enigma. Camille West is still an enigma, just to make that clear, but he's no longer alone. They're together.

     "So, what are our plans?"

     Scott's dad knocks on his door right on time, causing the young man to devilishly smirk at his girlfriend.

     "Scotty, it's time to revel in the fact that we're still alive," Benjamin says through the door, and Scott's cocky grin fades into a content smile at the familiarity of it all.

     "We'll be there in a few!" Scott responds, coaxing Camille to sit up. "I know you're afraid of heights and all, but I did promise to show you one hell of a view."