09

09

SCOTT, OF COURSE, is found sitting inside of Permanent Records during his break. He sits with his legs crossed at the ankles and his arms crossed over his chest, observing all of the people waiting to get tattoos in the lobby. Some of them, like the ones who are getting tattoos for the first time and don't look like they're in some sort of biker gang, are practically squirming under his intimidating gaze. They avoid looking at him, but Scott finds it really amusing, like it's some game to him. It's not everyday that a young adult can scare someone older, but Scott isn't an everyday type of guy.

    At the moment, Scott is watching over the receptionist desk and the lobby as he waits for his friends to finish up for their own break. Even though Scott doesn't need to do any of that, he still feels a little better knowing that no one would dare rob or trash the parlor with him being there. It just doesn't make Scott feel useless when they're all working themselves, but Pepper calls him crazy. But hell, the punk boy will literally get down on his knees and bring out his puppy-eyes -- something he never wants to get caught doing by anyone other than his friends and family -- just to do something productive here.

     The front door swings open and slams against the wall, startling a young man sitting near it. Scott almost smirks in amusement when he realizes who exactly came in -- Rick. Rick is a neighborhood thug who likes to stir up trouble everywhere and anywhere he goes, and for some reason, Permanent Records is his number one go-to place. No matter how many times Harvey, Max, or even Scott kick him our or call the cops, Rick always finds a way back in. At this point, it's starting to piss off Scott, especially now that he has to take care of him.

     "Oi, Rick, I advise you to leave," Scott says in a rough voice, taking his feet off the counter but still keeping eye contact with the thug, "I don't want this to be a replay of last time, man."

     Last time was pretty bad. Rick had somehow gotten into the backroom and almost stole a few supplies. The cops had to get involved, and it took way too much time to settle down everything.

     Thankfully, the people in the lobby understand what's going on and quickly make their way out of the parlor. Scott doesn't want to see anyone get hurt because of some fight that will definitely break out if Rick doesn't leave at first request. It's nice to try, but the punk boy doesn't think that will exactly work out.

     Scott walks over to him with even and confident steps before casually leaning on the desk that is now behind him. He quirks up an eyebrow and says, "Leave."

     "And what if I don't?" Rick asks with a smirk, attempting to intimidate Scott with his size.

     Key word: attempt.