12

12

     TODAY, SCOTT AKERS will just happen to get another tattoo at Permanent Records, something he's been thinking about for a few weeks now. Originally, he wasn't planning on doing anything crazy -- maybe a quote or something simple like that or whatever, but the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to get something extravagant tattooed onto his back. So, he spoke to his parents a few nights ago, made an appointment at his friends' parlor that very same night, and is currently working at Sweet Stems the day of until it was time for said appointment.

     And Camille West also just happens to walk into the florist shop at the most convenient time, looking absolutely gorgeous with her short hair messily tied and with her large white t-shirt tucked into her pink skirt.

"I'm getting another tattoo," Scott announces with a little excitement to her, leaning forward with his elbows resting on the counter just as she approaches him.

"Oh, really?" Camille says, raising an eyebrow, "When?"

He checks his phone, "In about, say, ten minutes."

Her pink lips curl into a smile, and she asks, "Is it okay if I come?"

Scott grins in response, as if he was expecting the question this whole time, "Of course, Cam. I told you in due time, yeah? Just saying, that never meant sex, but we can do just that."

     He winks; she laughs. Neither of them deny the offer, however.

Anyways, Camille will finally get the honor of seeing both his old tattoos, which she's been anticipating for a while now, and his new one.

     "Let's go to Permanent Records, then."

     In his signature style, Scott grabs his black lanyard and hops over the counter in one swift and skillful movement. Taking Camille by surprise, he grabs her smaller, softer hand, and the two of them exit the florist shop to begin their journey to the tattoo parlor. Throughout the whole walk, Scott doesn't let go of her hand once; instead, he runs his thumb over the back of her hand in a rhythmic pattern. Camille doesn't object at all, lightly squeezing her fingers around his in return. It's beautiful how in tune and comfortable they are with each other, especially since they've only known one another for a few months.

     Once they get to the tattoo parlor, they both sit in the waiting room, hands still linked between their bodies and the chairs.

     "Are you nervous?" Camille asks, tilting her head in a questioning manner and squeezing his fingers.

     "Kind of," Scott honestly answers, sending a fleeting smile before focusing on bouncing his leg up and down, "This is probably the biggest tattoo I'll ever get."