14

14

SCOTT DID, IN fact, get detention every single day until the end of the school year. He only served five days so far, meaning ten days are left until he's free from this prison for teenagers, but he honestly doesn't care at this point. Scott got detention because he finally did something he should've done a long time ago, so he's going to walk into that stupid classroom after school with a fucking grin on his face. And not only that, Scott's going to make use of his time, especially since this just gives him a better opportunity to study for his upcoming finals because he sure as hell won't do it without any encouragement. So, what's better than sitting in a sweltering hot room with a pissed-off teacher than to study and definitely pass his finals?

Scott strides into the classroom with the shit-eating grin that he promised himself to smile and then nods at Mr. Dietrich, who just happens to be the lucky bastard watching over all the delinquents in the room. Scott knows for a fact that his Physics teacher doesn't like him at all, and Scott isn't too fond of him, either, especially since that one incident a while ago with the accusation of him not paying attention or whatever. So, this should be a really fun experience for the both of them, and the other students will sure as hell be entertained.

"Oh, it's you," Mr. Dietrich blandly remarks, barely glancing up from his book.

"It's really nice to see your face for the second time today, too, sir," Scott amiably replies, finding an empty seat right in the front just to spite his favorite teacher. The other teenagers chuckle, which causes Scott to proudly smirk.

"Detention again?"

"Detention duty again?" Scott throws back, leaning back in his seat, "C'mon, Mr. Dietrich, you know that you're technically suffering the same hell as me right here, right now."

"Just do your work, Mr. Akers," he says, rolling his eyes and getting back to reading his book about atoms. Scott simply grins in satisfaction, sifting his fingers through his undercut and absentmindedly noting that he needs a haircut soon.

"Mr. Akers," Scott looks up from his empty desk at the sound of his teacher's voice several moments later, "Get to work."

"Oh, right," the younger man comments, pretending that he isn't going to be productive at all, "That's a thing."

Eventually becoming tired of making annoyed faces at Mr. Dietrich, which goes unnoticed, by the way, Scott pulls out his English notes and begins to study whatever he can. Thankfully, it makes the hour of detention go by much faster, and soon enough, he's out of the damn classroom with a witty remark, sarcastic salute, and another sly smirk on his lips. Camille texted him a few minutes before he got out of detention, so he finally gets the chance of checking it now. His smirk softens into a genuine smile at the mere thought of his girlfriend and her message.