Trouble In Paradise

Picture of Fiji

Shawn's POV

We had finally arrived in Fiji and let me tell, it was breathtaking. Clear blue water, huge mountains, suites over the water. It was truly a remarkable place.

Richard and I decided that Hailey and Emily should stay with their parents, since they haven't seen them in a really long time. So Richard and I are sharing a suite together. I just hope that while we are not with them, nothing bad will happen.

"I am really glad we did this for Emily and Hailey.". Richard said.

" Yeah me too, but before we got here and hell even during the whole plane ride, Hailey's dad kept on giving me the death glare."

Richard just started laughing his ass off.

"Well I'm pretty sure that it is because that you took his daughter away from him and that he didn't get to walk his little angel down the aisle at her FORCED WEDDING!" Richard said, yelling at the last part.

I thought about it for a minute and actually felt bad about doing that. Fuck, if I had a daughter and a man took her away from me and I couldn't walk her down the aisle, I would be furious. Then again, I am a mafia, so I don't give a shit. Hailey is mine and she always will be. And plus Richard did the exact same thing to Emily, so what the hell am I the only getting blamed for this. He should be getting blame too.

"Earth to Shawn! Are you there?!" Richard yelled.

"WHAT? Oh yeah. I'm here. What did you say again?"

"Damn Shawn. Sometimes I wonder if you do that, so that you don't have to here anyone speak. I said that we are going out to eat with the girls and their families. OKAY?!"

Richard is such an ass sometimes, but I still love him like a brother. I simply nodded and went to my room to take a quick shower before heading out.

It was seven o'clock and we finally made to Fiji Island Restaurant, where we saw the girls and their families. Hailey ran over to me and gave me hug, while planting kisses on me. I just laughed and looked over and saw Richard and Emily talking to her parents, but while I was watching, I saw Hailey's parents looking at me. Her mom smiling and her dad giving me the death glare. I don't know why, but I felt scared of him, but I just shrugged it off. The waiter told us that our table was ready and we all went. We ordered some food and about thirty minutes, our food came. It was silence at first, until Emily broke it.

"So I wanted to talk to you guys about something." Emily said.

We all looked at her, and thought that she was about to say something really bad. Hell, even Richard was looking at her.

"Okay, here it goes. I am pregnant."

We all looked at her, like she was lying, but she wasn't.

"Are you serious, babe." Richard asked. She nodded her head. Richard instantly got up and pulled Emily up along too. He took her by the waist and spun her around, while her mother, father, Hailey, Hailey's mom, and I were cheering.

"Oh honey! Congratulations!" Emily's mom said.

"Hah! I knew you would be the first one to get pregnant, bitch!" Hailey said, while running over to Emily.

"Oh my gosh. I'm going to be a father. OH MY GOSH! I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!" Richard yelled at the top of his lungs, having a few people stare at him. We were all happy about it and I knew that they were already past the whole kidnapping, FORCED marriage situation and so were her family. While we were all talking, we got interrupted by Hailey's father.

"Are you serious?" He asked, while looking around.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! YOU ARE PREGNANT WITH THAT PERSON! I KNOW YOU ARE NOT MY CHILD, BUT I DO TREAT YOU LIKE ONE! YOU AND HAILEY BOTH GOT KIDNAPPED BY THESE TWO DICKHEADS AND WAS FORCED TO MOVE AWAY AND TO GET MARRIED! NOW YOU ARE PREGNANT WITH HIS CHILD? I AM THANKFUL THAT HAILEY IS NOT PREGNANT WITH THIS ONE, BECAUSE I KNOW THE MINUTE SHE GETS PREGNANT, HE WILL EITHER LEAVE HER OR TAKE THE BABY WITH HIM AND LEAVE HER! ALL HE CARES ABOUT, IS HIMSELF AND RICHARD TOO!" Hailey's father said that. What he said, made my blood boil.

"Listen here? I LOVE Hailey and I would NEVER leave her or take the baby with her. I hope that she has a baby and it is mine. Yes, what we did was wrong, but they forgave us and we are trying to make it work. I would die for Hailey and I don't care about myself. I care for Hailey and trying to make her happy. And I know Richard feels the same way." I said. He just stood there and laughed.

"You care about her. You see Shawn, while you took them, I did some research and found something out, that surprised me."

"What the hell are you talking about? Yes I have done some bad things, but please tell us what surprised you?" I said, smirking.

"As you wish. Do you remember October 31st, 2014?" He asked, I looked at him like he was crazy, but then it hit me.

"Oh, so you do remember. I wonder if my daughter knows though? Surely she would like to know what type of person you are."

"Don't you dare."

Hailey came forward and looked at me scared.

"Shawn? What is he talking about?" Hailey asked. I just stared at her.

"SHAWN? ANSWER ME, PLEASE?!"

I opened my mouth, but Hailey's dad beat me to it.

"Honey, he killed a pregnant woman." Her father said. Everyone turned to me, including Richard. I took a step forward to Hailey, but she flinched and backed up. Hailey's dad continued.

"You see Hailey, Shawn was at one of his clubs and saw this one woman drunk off her mind and instead of helping her, he took and raped her. The next morning, she found out and because he was a mafia, he told her that he had a doctor come in and check to see if she was pregnant, which she was. When she found, she was so mad that she told him that she would go to the cops and report him. Shawn got mad and threatened her saying that if she ever told anyone about this, she would regret. Unfortunately, she didn't listen and when Shawn found out, he went over to her house and stabbed her in the stomach." Hailey's father said.

After he was done, everyone backed away from me, but I only looked at Hailey, as she had tears down her face. I quickly ran over to her and grabbed her, and trying to hug her, but she pushed me off of her.

"You're a killer." She said.

"No! I am not! That day I didn't know what came over me. I mean I did regret doing it and even now, I still do!"

"I don't even know who you are anymore. I thought you changed, but clearly you haven't."

"No! No! No! Hailey, I swear I have changed. Please, don't leave me. I need you."

"I'm sorry, but I can't. I'm leaving. Goodbye Shawn." Hailey said as she walked away. Followed by Emily, Richard, Emily's parents, Hailey's mom and dad.

I am so stupid. This has been a trouble in paradise. On the first day too. Fuck!