Second Chance, But Not The Way You Think

Hailey's POV

Picture of a park

"Hi Hailey." Shawn said.

I just stood there and was completely shocked. Shawn standing right there. I didn't even notice he was right in front of me, until he was touching my cheek. We stood there, looking at each other for awhile, until I broke it.

"What are you doing here?"

Shawn sighed before answering me.

"I want you back and before you say anything, I just want you to know that what I did was horrible. Words can not express what I did. I never saw a future with a wife and kids, until the day I saw you. The moment I saw, it was like I became a changed man. Not the player way, no the I want wife and a family way.

I knew that I had to have you and love and not let anyone take what was mine. I want us to work and get married the real way and I want to make love to you, so that you get pregnant with my child. And want to see them running around the house with other children. Please Hailey, don't give up on this, on us. I know that I must up, by taking you away from your family and your future, but please give me one more chance."

I didn't know what to say, after he said all that. It mind sound crazy, but I actually see a future with Shawn and having little kids run around the house making noise. Right now, though I just can't. I need at least a day to figure all this stuff out.

"Shawn, I won't deny that I see us having that future together, but I am still shocked about you killing an innocent and then you buying! Things, like the engagement ring. Now this. Will you at least give me a day to think about all of this?"

I looked at Shawn and saw hurt. A mafia actually hurt. All I wanted to do, was to hug and kiss him; but he has to be taught a lesson. He can't always get what he wants.

"Of course, but please tell me tomorrow? Okay?"

I nodded and walked away, but not before Shawn grabbing me and kissing me and telling me I love you. I quickly ran away and towards the car and drove off.

"Wow. That is a lot to take in. What are you going to do?" Emily asked.

"I don't know. I want him bad, but he has to learn a lesson." I say.

"Hailey, Yes what Shawn did was bad, but this is the first time I have actually seen him hurt and begged for something. It shows that he really cares for you and won't take no for an answer. So I think you should call now or better yet. Surprise him at his house and tell him, that you'll forgive him; but make him work for it." Richard said.

I thought about it and he was right. I should go over there forgive him, but have to earn  me. I nodded and went to pack my things before heading out. When I got there, I walked in and went to his office. I opened the door and saw him talking to another guy. When he saw, he quickly got up and walked towards me.

"I forgive you, but you have to earn me. This is a second chance, but not the way you think." I told him and walked out to a guest bedroom.