vi

Chat looked at Marinette in total suprise. If he was expecting someone's name, it sure wasn't his. 

"Chat, please don't be mad," Marinette sighed as she looked at the floor. Chat shook his head, so his hair got all over the place. 

"I'm not mad, Princess," he laughed. "Just genuinely suprised," 

He hugged her and kissed her. She returned the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

__________________________________

It had been a normal day at school.

The group of four sat by the table for lunch. It was quiet before Chloe walked in.

"Can't you just come sit by me? I mean it would be better than sit by these losers," Chloe told Adrien laughing, Sabrina followed.

"Chloe that really isn't nice. And they are my friends, not losers," Adrien rolled his eyes.

She knew the only reason he'd sit by them was Marinette. They seemed to get closer each day and she got worried that they might be soulmates.

She wasn't exactly sure, but she would rather not risk it.

She glanced down to Marinette's wrist that was covered by bracelets and spotted something.

It was too obvious not to be true. 

"Your mark, eh? So, you finally found that mark of yours," she stated, looking down at her wrist.

Before Marinette could react, she pulled up the bracelets, exposing the paw to face everyone.

"Is that...-" Chloe gasped. "Your soulmate is Chat Noir?"

Every single one of the people in the cafeteria turned around to look at the poor girl.

Everybody started to wisper.

"Well at least Chat Noir got someone equally lame as himself," she laughed and walked away.

Marinette looked around at the people, which stared at her with big eyes. It's not everyday day a superhero's soulmate gets exposed.

Marinette didn't know what to do, so she just ran. 

"I'm going after her," Alya said, standing up, but Adrien stopped her. 

"Let me handle this," he looked at Alya. "But..-" "Trust me on this,"

Alya nodded in understandment. 

Adrien ran after the girl he loved. He stopped in the bathroom on the way, even by Plagg's protests transformed into his alter ego.

He just hoped Marinette was strong enough not to go with Hawkmoth's will. 

He found her crying under the tree, behind the school. He sat down beside her. She didn't look up, so he just pulled her into a hug.

She recognized his cologne, mixed with a smell of leather. 

"Chat?" she asked, crying into his shoulder. 

"Hi," 

"How ...-" she was confused. "How did you find out so quickly?"

"I'm closer than you think, Princess," he wiped the tear that rolled down her cheek with the back side of his hand. 

"You go to my school," she sighed as she hugged him once again. He nodded into her hair.

"Hey, don't worry about Chloe," he smiled at her. "I'm more concerned what your parents will say,"

They laughed a little. "But really we need to get them off the path. It's not really good for everyone knowing you're my soulmate. Since Hawkmoth is still out there,"

"I'm a big girl, Chat. I can take care of myself," she smiled at him. 

"I know. But what if you don't have a chance to transform? Then what?" Chat asked, clearly hearing worry in his voice. 

"We'll think about that later," she sighed as she heard the bell ring.

"Just ignore Chloe," he smiled at her, kissing her forehead gently.

"I need to go too. See you 'round," he laughed at her face, when she groaned. 

"Well you'll see me. I won't 'see you'," he just laughed, as he pecked her lips and ran away. He transformed back to Adrien when he found a hiding spot.

He sat down in his sit, as Alya walked in. "Is she okay?" 

"I-I..-" he had to lie to her in case Marinette told her about Chat coming to see her. "I didn't find her,"

Alya got shocked by the statement, but in that moment Marinette walked in classroom. 

Alya let out a sigh of relief, so did he. 

Alya hugged her tightly. "You okay, girl?"

Marinette nodded and sat down in the bench behind Adrien. 

When everyone started coming in, there was bigger and bigger crowd around Marinette's table. They were asking her a lot of questions which she didn't answer. She lied about them being soulmates and hid their relationship with that.

They didn't believe her anyway, so they started with questions again. 

Adrien got a little sad. He wasn't very fond of the idea of everyone knowing Chat Noir is her soulmate. This way there was no way Adrien could freely be with her, without anyone finding out.

"So do you love him?" Rose asked. Marinette got shocked by the question, but before she had to answer, Miss Bustier entered the room. 

"Settle down," everyone sat down at their own table and Miss Bustier finally got a chance to teach. 

After the class was over, Marinette stormed out of the classroom. She didn't want to be asked about her relationship with Chat Noir.

She ran home, through the bakery. 

"You in a hurry?" Sabine asked, as she smiled at her daughter. Marinette nodded and smiled at her mum.

"I'll be in my room, doing homework," she said as she walked upstairs. 

Tikki flew out from her purse and sighed. "How are we going to deal with this now?"

"I don't know. I should've kept my civilian life and my superhero life apart. Now look what happened," Marinette put her head in her hands. 

"Don't worry about it too much. We'll find a solution," Tikki stayed positive. 

"I know, but how? I'm certain there are going to be reporters all over my house," she sighed and shook her head. 

Tikki looked at her, sadly. "Why did you get so suprised when Rose asked you if you love him?"

"Marinette?" her maman called. Marinette was quite happy, she didn't have to answer the question.  But really? Did she love him?

"Yeah?" 

"Can you come down, please?" 

She hurried downstairs and looked at her mother. "This just came in mail now," She handed her a small box.

"Oh thank you, maman," she smiled and kissed her on the cheek. She took the box and ran upstairs. 

"Let's see what this is,"