viii

I know a lot of you didn't like the way I made things to be, but honestly I don't want to be the same story like every other Marichat fanfiction where the press finds out about the two dating. So I've done some thinking and I've come up with some ideas. Thank you for reading <3 it means a lot more than you think ;D

This is more of a filler chapter sorry :')

OMFFGG DID YOU SEE THE VOLPINA EPISODE?? I honestly don't like her :/ I thought she was gonna be diffrent O.o

------------------------------------

Marinette was happy everyone believed her. She was currently washing the dishes with her mum as she pulled her washing gloves off.

Her mum gasped and immediately grabbed her daughter's hand and looked at it.

"Is that ... ?" she asked as she looked at Marinette.

"Maman, I can explain," she said quickly.

"Is Chat Noir your soulmate?" she asked, now looking at her daughter with serious look. She had no idea how to react to this news.

"Uh yeah ..." Marinette nervously let out a laugh. "I kind of forgot to tell you?"

"Okay, so are you two dating?" her mum asked. Marinette looked shocked, when she heard her mother say something like that.

"I-I..uhh," she had no answer to that. If she told her she had been dating a superhero for the past month, she would freak out.

"Who's dating who?" her dad entered the kitchen as he saw the mark too.

"Chat Noir is your soulmate?" Tom asked. Marinette felt like running somewhere and not returning ever again.

"Uh... I-I.." Marinette stuttered.

She saw a weird face her dad made, a mix of confusion, worry and anger.

"That's amazing!" her dad exclaimed after a minute. "I'm a big fan!"

The girl's mouth shot open. Did he just ... ?

"You need to invite him to a dinner!" Sabine exclaimed.

"Maman! Papa!" Marinette cried. "For god's sake, wouldn't it be weird for him coming here? Especially with a mask on?"

"Then let him come without it," Sabine shrugged. Marinette looked at her weirdly.

"Well at least I know where I got my weirdness from," she muttered and started washing the dishes again.

"Little lady, don't use sarcasm on us," Tom said.

"But papa! You can't just invite someone you don't know over to dinner!" Marinette exclaimed. Her parents just laughed. "And besides, if he came here without his suit you would know his identity,"

"Mari, we don't care who he is until he treats you right," Sabine smiled at her daughter.

Marinette sighed and shook her head. "I'll see what I can do,"

--------------------

The next day in school she was kind of nervous, since she had to invite Adrien to dinner.

She was unpatiently stepping from one foot to another and it annoyed Alya.

"What the heck, girl? Are you okay?" she asked and Marinette nodded. That moment limousine pulled on the parking lot.

"I just need to talk to Adrien really fast," she dragged herself over to her soulmate which waved from afar.

"You okay? You seem a little dizzy," he stated as he smiled down at her. He wanted to kiss her, but that wasn't the best idea in the world.

"Y-Yeah. Could we talk?" she asked as she dragged him away from the crowd. She didn't even wait for his reply.

"What if I said no?"

"You'd still have to talk to me," she said with a serious expression.

He slightly chuckled. "I love you for that,"

"So what did you want to talk about?" he asked, crossing his arms on his chest.

"My parents discovered my mark," she sighed. "And they're inviting you for a dinner."

"Wait, what?" Adrien wasn't sure what she had just said.

"Chat Noir is invited for a dinner with my parents," she said slowly.

He looked at her weirdly. "Do they know who I am in real life?"

She shook her head. "I don't think so."

"But I'm still freaked out by the fact that they invited me for a dinner," he said looking down chuckling nervously.

"I can always say you can't come," Marinette offered.

"I really don't want the first impression of me being like that, Princess," he smiled at her. She blushed at the nickname and poked him in the arm.

"That hurt," he stated.

"No it didn't. Grow up," Marinette laughed as he pulled her closer. Nobody was around, they were happy for that.

"I am Peter Pan. The boy who doesn't grow up," they laughed.

"For a moment there I thought you were going to say 'the boy who lived'," (i swear im in too many fandoms) Marinette pointed out.

He pressed a kiss to her cheek, when the bell rang.

"We better go. When is the dinner, though?" Adrien asked. He was nervous. Of course he met her parent before, but this was diffrent.
"Tomorrow," she saw his nervous face. "If you think they won't like you, you need to know they already do,"

-------------------------

The next day went through uneventfully until the evening.

Adrien was still deciding how to go - with or without a mask.

He decided without, because they would have to know sooner or later.

As he walked up the stairs he could feel his own heartbeat in his ears. He had never been more nervous.

He took a deep breath, before knocking on Dupain-Cheng's door. There were some talks and wispers behind it, before the door finally opened and there stood Marinette. She smiled at him.

She looked at him weirdly.

"Why didn't you bring a mask?" she asked and he shrugged.

"They would find out eventually," he said.

"Yes I know, but do you want it?" she asked. "I-I mean if you're not comfortable..."

"They would find out sooner or later," she stepped away from the door, so he could enter.

"If not before, on our wedding day," he muttered to himself.

"What did you say?" Marinette asked him.

"Nothing," he said. She walked into kitchen.

"Dammit, that was close,"