chapter 5

Myra and I sat in the living room when we heard a bunch of voices outside. Both of us went to the window to see what was going on. Out there on the street stood around twenty people looking up on the house and shouted something that I couldn't hear. 

"Who are they? They can't be the guys' fans, they never come here", Myra said.

"Then they must be mine", I sighed. "They've always been good on finding me."

"Well it's not good that they're here. What if they're fans to the guys too and finds out that Matt's living here? We'll have to move", she said. 

"I should go out and talk to them", I said. "Maybe I can get them to leave." 

"Has that ever worked out for you before?" she asked.

"Nope but it's worth the try", I said and walked towards the door. 

I could finally hear what they were shouting when I went outside. It was my name, of course. Once they saw me, they started to shout even more and sort of jumping up and down. 

"Hi guys", I said as I reached them. 

All of them starting the fight of who was to get to talk to me first. "Hey hey hey! Hold up a second!" I said and they all stood still and watched me. "I need you guys to do something for me. If I sign everything you want signed and all stuff like that, will you go away then and not tell anyone where I am. My sister isn't into this fame so much and would rather not want anyone to be here." 

"Yeah sure", everyone said. 

"Good, let the signing begin!" I smiled. 

I signed papers, shoes, arms, everything and took photos with them. It took about an hour before I was done. 

"Thank you so much guys and I'd really appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone where I am", I said and walked into the house again. 

I had only been here one day and they had already found me. I had no idea how they did it but they always managed. 

"Did it go well?" Myra asked. 

"Yeah I think so. I asked them not to come here anymore and I think they'll actually listen to me", I said. 

"That's good", she smiled. "Okay now you've gotta explain for me. I've never really understood how you became this famous. I mean come on, you're Justin Bieber famous sis, it's sick."

"I know", I chuckled. "To be honest I don't know either. It really is sick. I just stand there with my acoustic guitar and there are millions of people who wants to see me. I have too many fans for the genre I'm playing."

"So how did you get that big? What did you do?" 

"I didn't do anything. I was lucky who got signed and then more and more people just started to show up on my concerts and I got to play bigger venues which turned to arenas which turned to that I now can't go anywhere without people being there." 

"Nowhere?" she asked.

"Nope. I have a body guard with me everywhere I go", I said. 

"You do? Why haven't I seen anyone yet?" 

"I gave Gary some days off. He's been working almost nonstop the past years and he has family here in LA that he really wanted to visit", I explained. 

"So you won't go anywhere until he's back?" she asked and raised an eyebrow.

"No, not when the fans know that I'm here", I said. "I'm basically not allowed to. Safety risk you know."

"Wow I hope the guys never get that big", she said. 

"They never have fans following them around?" I asked.

"Of course they do, a few sometimes but never so it'll ever get dangerous for the guys", she said. 

"Lucky them", I said. "So what do you have to drink around here?" 

"Well I have wine, beer and then Matt has the stronger stuff somewhere", she said. 

"Still not a fan of booze?" I asked.

"God no" she said.

"You're such a baby,"

"I'm older than you", she smiled. 

"Oooh 30 minutes, you're so much older than me", I said. 

"Well yeah… 30 minutes", she chuckled.