chapter 9

I was packing my last stuff for tour. We would start our journey in just an hour and I wasn't finished yet. 

"How can you not be done yet?" Jimmy asked. "Just take everything you have with you and we'll be out of here."

"Because I don't want to bring everything Jimmy. I only want my favorite clothes with me", I smiled. 

"Well do you want any help?" he asked and sat down on the bed where my suitcase also was. 

"Nah it's fine. I'm soon done", I said and earned a look from him that said that he didn't believed me. "I promise!" 

I went to the bathroom to get my make-up so I could lay it down in my bag as well. 

"You know, you can always shop new clothes while we're on the tour. The band will do sound checks and stuff so Myra and you will have time to  do whatever you want", he said. 

"Sound checks takes about an hour each day Jimmy. But I'm gonna shop too", I smiled. 

"How do you know that a soundcheck only takes an hour?" he asked.

"Have you forgotten what I do for a living?" I asked. 

"I never think about it since I've actually never seen you perform or anything. And seeing your face in every magazine over the country isn't the same thing you know", he smiled.

"Not even when we're getting chased by crazy teenage girls?" I asked.

"Not even then." 

"Well it's good that someone of us can forget about it", i said. 

"Don't worry, you'll start to like all that soon again", he said.

"Not so sure about that", I mumbled and closed my suitcase. "Let's go."

"Finally!" he said and took my bag and ran downstairs. 

Always running… what was so bad about just walking? 

I walked outside and locked the front door after me knowing that I was the last one to leave the house. On the street stood a big tour bus parked with Avenged Sevenfold written all over it.  The guys, Gary and Myra stood outside it together with some of the roadies as well. 

"Finally! We've been waiting for you forever!" Brian said.

"Well I'm sorry", I said and walked on the bus. 

I loved that the band was so big that they had a big bus. We were like a million people that was going to live on it so it was really nice to have some space at least. 

"Which bunk is ours?" I asked Jimmy who stood right behind me. 

"The top one", he said and pointed towards the bunk in the end. 

"Of course…" I sighed. "Well I need a chair or something."

"You're not that short", he chuckled. 

"It's one reason why I only have the bottom bunk while I'm on tour", I said. 

"You'll make it", he smiled. 

Everyone got on the bus and it started to drive away. Our first stop was in Vegas so it wasn't that far away. 

The guys all gathered in the living room of the bus, talking, watching TV, while I jumped up in my bunk and just looked up in the ceiling. I had hated the last tour I was on and really hoped that this one would be better when it wasn't my tour. Hopefully I would get as much attention as Myra which wasn't much at all. It would be so nice to not be in the centre of attention for once. That hadn't happened for me in so many years.