XXI - The End

Jack's P.O.V

The sky had darkened quickly, and the barrier seemed to spark with electricity. By the time my dad arrived, everyone was bandaged, and I was pacing uncontrollably as I could not shake the feeling of something terrible was happening inside.

My wolf scratched to get out, whined even, which was unnatural as I had let him out to fight to his hearts content, but I could also feel him pacing in my mind. My dad's hair was a mess, as he transformed back to his human state, he took a long vampires cloak and threw it over himself. He walked towards me, his face was hard and grim, he glanced behind me and saw the barrier, his face growing even more grim as he saw the electricity run through the barrier.

"Hey son," he said letting his hand rest on my shoulder. I nodded and turned to look at the barrier.

"he said you know magic, do you think you can take it down?"

"I don't know a lot of magic, and I know the steps to take it down, but I'm afraid that it requires more power than I have."

"How much power?"

"So much that if I tried I would end up dying because of the electricity. The barrier alone is a challenge but with those kind of voltages running through it," he nodded his head sadly, "that's a death wish right there. It seems Jenny learned a lot more after she left, well I might as well try."

"Is there anything I can help with?"

"No. I'll take it down if its the last thing I do," He said smiling, sadness and loneliness etched on his face.

"You wouldn't mind dying would you? You want to go see mom." I said quietly, in a soft voice. My fathers face fell a bit.

"I miss her son, and you will see what I mean when you get your mate."

"What if I never find her?"

"Then you'll realize it with the girl you fall in love with." His hand dropped off my shoulder and he walked off to the barrier, spreading out his palms he whispered quietly words I could not pick up due to the strong winds that came, all of a sudden a book appears in his hand and turned to a page. My fathers face was concentrated, as he started to read off the page, he then extended his arm out and touched the barrier with his palm, talking under the crackling of electricity that soon came after the strong winds.

The book fell from his hands, but he never stopped saying the mantra, his body floated in the air but his palm never moved from the barrier. A bright light flashed around, the barrier broke into thousands of pieces and came crumbling down as my fathers dust fell lightly to the ground to join the shattered barrier, the blood and the snow.

All the wolves ran forward and broke through the door, running into the castle and disappearing. I couldn't move, not to save Red, all I could do was stare at my father's ashes. A searing pain ran through my back snapping me out of, the King of Alpha's motioned me to go forward, I nodded, "Don't waste the time he gave us. We can mourn after." I nodded once again and silently followed him.

entering into the castle, the wolves were all held up my magic chains, the kinf of Alpha's turned into the really big wolf, one that I never seen before, like the olden day wolves, then Mark came flying at him. Taken aback I stumbled backwards, and regained my footing looking around for Red. She was propped up on a cross above the vampires throne.

Blood streamed down from her head, I listened in and heard her heartbeat. She was still alive. I caught a movement towards my far left and saw Jenny starting another mantra, all the wolves that were in her binds started to scream and topple over writhing in pain. Using all my werewolf strength I pushed it into my legs and did a quick step, running faster than I ever had before towards Jenny, then transferring all my werewolf strength into my arm I punched her out cold before she even knew what was happening.