Epilogue

Jack's P.O.V

It's been 10 years since the vampire war, since I had returned from the dead shocking all the wolves, and Drevon, which helped in defeating him.

I could not recall anything, about I Lived when I should have died. I also could not recall the girl that everyone said I was trying to save, her name was Red, but I could not remember her. No matter how hard I tried, I could never remember her, all I knew was that I had to defeat the vampire King, and my dad helped although he died in the process.

When I had gotten back to my pack, they all asked about the Red girl, she was dead I had told them. My second in command was surprised that I could not remember her, as he said I was in love with her. 

2 years after the war, I met my mate at a beach when I went on vacation. Her hair was wavy and dark, her skin tanned. the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She was also very strong as well, that all the women in the pack immediately accepted her as Luna. Her name was Sydney, when she first told me, the girl name red popped into my head, but I shook that thought away.

We went steady for a year before we mated and officially got married. Our pack grew large and our territory even larger, everything ran smoothly, but I always felt like I was missing something, but the next year I soon tried to let that missing part of me go, and replacing it with the cubs that were born into my family. Twins, a girl and a boy, I named them Red as her hair was red as fire, and she was fierce and strong even for a young baby. The boy I named Jace, I don't know why, but it just seemed to fit, unknowingly. My wife disapproved at first, but agreed to it when I told her she could pick out the middle names.

I'm 28 with 4 children, Duke found someone who he fell for, she was human, but soon she accepted the werewolf world, and we accepted her, and they settled down and got married. Luke found his mate as well, and you couldn't separate them even with a crowbar. they were stuck like glue to each others hips.

I wonder if this was how my parents felt. Like no matter what you could not leave them, because if you did it would feel like you were missing your own soul, and missing them would make you go crazy.

I was finishing up some files when a knock came on the door. "Come in."

A woman with long brown hair came in, in the sunlight it was tinted red. She looked at me, "Jack, I heard you knew my niece. Her name was Red."

"I don't remember her, though many people said I knew her. Why?"

She looked at me, a frown was set on her face. Then her face turned neutral, "I see, so its true, you did die."

"I suppose, but I'm still here, so I don't understand what happen then."

"Red happened." She said, just as my daughter came running in. She looked at her and smiled, "I guess even if you forget your memories, your heart never forgets." She said before walking out and leaving me in a confused state. I looked at my daughter, "Red." I stated.

"I love you Red." I said to my daughter, but somehow I knew some part of me knew that statement was meant for a different Red.