chapter 11

Rai can wait, if I stop Crombell, I can stop all this mess.
I looked back at that Man who had been tested on. He was banging ferociously on the door. I was worried more about all the men on the outside. But.....I can't help them.

Mei: ....I'm sorry to leave all of you with this thing to die.... but there is nothing I can do from here.

The subject finally smashed through the door and immediately started killing the men one by one. I ran out through the door while they were distracted.

Mei: I'm sorry....but death has you now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I finally made it onto the roof and immediately came upon the helicopter. I know Crombell is on there.
They had finally noticed me and the building and the person who stepped up first was the man himself...Crombell.

Crombell: ah. Hello there little lady.
Mei: ...
Crombell: my name is Crombell.
Mei: Excuse my rudeness....I'm not introducing myself.
Crombell: ...too bad. But I can guess who you are. Special category S. That's how we call it, so you wouldn't understand. Or do you prefer the current term...vampire?
Mei: hmph.

He is WAYYYYY off base.

Mei: ...
Crombell: oh, sorry, shall I call you Noblesse?

Eh. He got something right.

Mei: ...
Crombell: i'm guessing you killed Marie and Jake? Well...if you killed those two, you're not a weakling. Great! You'll be an interesting subject. I never expected to find such a wonderful experimental subject.
Mei: use me as a subject? Heh heh. If you knew what I was you'd never be able to recreate me even if you were reincarnated in a different life....NOW GET DOWN HERE!

With so much force the helicopter forcefully started to lower onto the building.

Mei: you don't deserve to use me as a subject.
Crombell: well, we'll find out soon.

Cocky old human....!!!
I rushed in for an attack. Crombell leaped out of the helicopter. I threw a kick but was immediately deflected back without warning.

...He deflected my attack?!
A human...?

I went for another kick with a lot more force and was able to kick him in the jaw.

Crombell: heh heh heh. Not bad. Better than I thought.

The energy I was getting from this man was powerful.
He isn't just a human.

Suddenly, I started to feel a familiar burst of energy coming from in the building.

Crombell: what's this energy?

Rai...you said You wouldn't be using your powers....

Suddenly, Frankenstein had appeared behind me.

Mei: ...Frankenstein...?
Frankenstein: mistress...?

Then, I felt some of Rai's energy deminished all of a sudden.
Crombell suddenly came at me with a sneak attack but I quickly put up a barrier to protect myself and Frankenstein. But Crombell somehow was able to break through it in one hit. I had no time to dodge, luckily, Frankenstein was able to stop him by catching his hand.

Crombell: hmph. So you didn't come alone.

Crombell was able to tare out of Frankenstein grip and back off.

Crombell: nice. Very intriguing. The unexpected behavior M-21 showed has something to do with you guys. I'd like to know who you are and what you are. But you won't tell me, will you?
Mei: ...correct.
Crombell: sure. Its no fun to know all the facts but still, it's a real pity...humans are coming so that's all for now.

Crombell had leap back into the helicopter.

Mei: stop!

I rushed at him again and threw another kick, but somehow he was able to stop me and gribbed on my ankle. My whole foot felt like it was burning.

Mei: augh!
Crombell: ...I enjoyed meeting you. Hope to see you again.

Crombell swung me back down towards the building but Frankensteinwwas able to catch me.

Mei: ....damn...

The helicopter then took off. I tried to stand but I tipped over and Frankenstein caught me again.

Frankenstein: mistress...?
Mei: I'm alright Frankenstein.

Dammit, I let him get away.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My foot was healing but Frankenstein wouldn't let me walk back on my own. So he had to carry me back down.

Frankenstein: master. I'm sorry. But Crombell got away.

Frankenstein had finally put me down, I was able to stand but wasn't able to walk right yet. I looked over and there was a big crater in the floor.
And M-21.....
...did he do that?

Frankenstein: master, are you okay?
Raizel: no need to worry. I only showed him his own power.....Mei, are you okay?

I looked back at Rai. He looked worried and a bit upset. He was referring to the bruises I had around my ankle.

Mei: oh...I-I'm okay....it'll heal on it's own.
Raizel: ...humans must have accomplished more than expected.
Frankenstein: even I didn't expect this much.
Raizel: now I know why human were kept under water.
Mei: pfft...

Typical Rai....

Frankenstein: we need to get going. People will start to check this building because of the mess.
Raizel: ...we're going back. Mei, can you still walk?
Mei: ...oh course I...

When I tried to walk I stumbled over. This time Rai caught me.

Mei: ...Rai, I'm really alright. It'll heal on it's own as I go.
Raizel: ....

Even after saying that, Rai still decided in his own to carry me back.

Frankenstein: ...what are you doing?
M-21: ...?
Frankenstein: master and the mistress are waiting for you.
M-21: what?
Mei: come on, M-21. Its time to go.
Frankenstein: are you just going to keep them waiting?
M-21: ...r-right...