chapter 78

*two months later*

Time has really flown by fast. Can't believe I'm already three months pregnant. It's not a very easy experience, but it makes me feel so happy....and many other emotions.
Although, since everyone found out they have been going a little overboard with my safety...its kind of annoying.
Even the children at school have picked up on it as well.

But today, I was getting an ultrasound by Frankenstein in his lab.
Which was weird....

Frankenstein: now, let's get started shall we? Just lie down and sit still while I set up the ultrasound machine

Mei: ...okay.

Funny, this is the first time I've seen an ultrasound machine in Frankenstein's lab...is he even qualified to do this?

Well, with everything I've seen and known about Frankenstein, I guess he's capable of anything about now.

Rai was holding on tight to my hand, like he wouldn't let go even if his life depended on it.

Frankenstein: alright, lift up your shirt so I can rub your stomach with this.

He was holding a bottle of some clear liquid. I did as he said and winced slightly at the cold liquid he spread on my stomach.
He then put the wand from the machine on my stomach and moved it around.

The silence in the room was broken by a faint thumping noise. It got stronger as he moved the wand down my stomach.

Frankenstein: that's your baby's heartbeat.

He moved the wand again and the thumping sound became irregular.

Mei: ...is something wrong with the babies?

Frankenstein: oh, so you understand?

Raizel: babies?

Frankenstein: yes, your having twins.

Mei: more specifically, a boy and a girl.

Raizel: ....!?

Mei: they may not be born yet but they are existing now, so I know at least what gender they are.

Frankenstein: well, since your having twins, we have to be extra cautious. You will most likely give birth earlier than your due date, or maybe it'll depend on how you are, but we have to make sure that the babies are growing properly. Be sure to eat healthy, get plenty of rest, and don't stress yourself out.

Mei: wow, that's gonna be so easy....I say with tones of sarcasm.

Frankenstein: mei, this is serious.

Mei: ...yeah, I know....and I understand...I'll be careful.

Frankenstein: okay, but once you hit seven and a half months or even eight months, we will most likely put you on bed rest because there are a lot of more risks with two babies. Other than that, you're good to go.

Mei: thank you.

Frankenstein: would you like the ultrasound pictures of the two little ones?

Mei: yes please.

He handed us a few pictures and pointed to two small blobs.

As if my love for the children weren't already making my heart bloom for them enough, seeing them as embryos made me even more happy.
I'm starting to see them grow. I glanced over at Rai, and he was beaming as well.

Frankenstein: congratulations you two.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Besides the constant questions from other children in the school, everything seemed to be normal. The natural flow of life has been restored a bit.
The whole time, I don't believe I've seen Rai take his eyes off the ultrasound pictures of the twins.

It was so cute.

The girl is so much like him in this way, always letting the mind wonder.
And the boy is like me, so much of an observer.

Yuna: hey Mei...?

Yuna had leaned over towards me and whispered softly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Yuna: what has Rai been staring at this whole time.

Sui: yeah, from what I've noticed, he hasn't been focused on anything else but what's in his hand.

Mei: ...he's been staring at the ultrasound pictures of the babies. Ever since I placed it in his hand, he hasn't been able to pay attention to anything else....its really cute.

Yuna: haha, he looks so happy~

Mei: ......he is.

Suddenly, I could see that both the children had appeared around Rai.
They both had the appearance of ten year olds.
Just as Rai, they gathered around and looked at the ultrasound pictures.

I've never seen a sight so cute before.

They're all so happy.