Chapter 18

I turned in early for tonight. I think I freaked out M-21 enough for today.
I went back to my room and lies in bed.
Regis and Seira had came back in for dinner, but I skipped since I was tired.

I hope it doesn't get to wild while their eating.

I could feel the tense energy from here to the dinning room.
Regis and M-21 have been getting into it a lot lately that I've noticed. They're not on good terms.
I flinched up a bit when I felt a burst of angry energy in the house...but them it vanished.

Mei: geeze, can't they get along long enough to finish dinner?

I lied back down and closed my eyes.
I thought I would get a peaceful rest, but I was wrong.

....there's fire.
....screaming.
...murder.

Where am I?

I'm lying face down on the ground.

???: I'm speechless. Is this all they can do?

What's happening?
I can't move.
Who's talking?

???: Just ambushing them wouldn't be fun, so I even it one get away, but I guess this is there limit. How disappointing.
Mei: ...!!!

Then, I saw death.
I was suddenly transferred into someone else.
This time I'm running.

Why am I running?

I saw death again.
Before I could give a second though. I was shot out of nowhere in the back of my head.
I was forced back into my own mind and sat up sharply. Breathing heavily.

Mei: ...!!!

I tried to quickly compose and stop myself from shaking.
I've done this for over thousands of years...and I'm still not used to it.
The fact of witnessing and being the person who dies...who would get used to it?
I nearly jumped up out of the bed when I felt a hand touch my shoulder.
But it was only Rai.

Mei: ...oh. Hi Rai.
Raizel: ....I came to check on you.
Mei: ...I'm okay.
Raizel: your shaking.

Rai took one of my hands in his.

Mei: ....I just...had a weird dream again.

Rai leaned down and put his forehead against mine. I stopped shaking and finally calmed down.

Raizel: ....
Mei: I know I've been neglecting things for the pass three nights... But I can't ignore the flow of life and what goes on in it.
Raizel: ....I understand.
Mei: ...

I reached up and grabbed the collar of Rai's coat, without having to use force, I pulled him down on one of his knees in front of me of the bed. Now we're both at the same eye level.

Mei: hmp...looks like I'm the only one who can get the one and only Noblesse on his knees.
Raizel: ...

Rai looked up at me and smiled.