Chapter 50

Sitting on the sofa, my head was leaning on Rai's shoulder as I played with his cross shaped earring. Rai was reading a book, but I doubt that he could focus when I'm so close to him like this. There was nothing but silence- A kind of that was comfortable for the both of us. I felt safe in his vicinity and that was all I needed.

I remembered the previous Lord always trying so desperately to get Rai to see there was more to life than psychic interrogation, forced eternal sleep, and a lonely mansion. I even tried, we gave him birthdays, and an identity other than the Noblesse.
Reasons to live.
Even I wanted these things....I wanted to share these things with Rai. I want to share experiences like these with him all the time....

....but sometimes things do not work out like you want them too.

Rai then took my hand and raised it, which startled me because I wasn't paying attention, and guided it towards his lips before placing a gentle kiss on my hand. I looked at him, meeting his crimson red eyes. He lowered my hand and caressed my cheek with his free hand.
The edges of his lips then curled up into a gentle smile.

Mei: ....why are you smiling?

He leaned in but stopped right in front of my lips, his eyes still locked on mines.

Raizel: mei, I love you.

Mei: ....

Rai didn't even give me a chance to respond at all before his lips were already on mine. Despite not really understanding what was happening, I caught myself smiling and for a while I didn't bother to hold back anymore.

Mei: I love you too, Rai.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What the hell have I been missing for the pass few hours?!

Mei: what? Tao and Takio haven't came back yet?

M-21: no. And neither of them have been answering my calls.

This is what I come back to after taking a break....I couldn't even relax for a day?!
Dammit...

Mei: we're going to find them now...Rai, are you coming?

Rai gave a nod and stood from his seat as we immediately headed out.

I guess this is why I can't be off the clock...

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on where Tao and Takio were. The closest person I transferred to was Takio, but I only saw a green flash of light before I was knocked back into my own mind.

Mei: ...!!!

M-21: mei, what's wrong?

Mei: ...We better hurry up.

When we finally reached the scene, it look roughed up, like a fight just recently happened.

M-21: ...is this why they aren't responding to my calls?

Mei: ...there are recent traces of the combat.....look.

I had picked up one of the bullets from the floor.