chapter 88

A few months passed and Mei has now reached into the 9th month of her pregnancy. She could be due at any given moment now. But only time could tell.

Still for the pass few months since she last woke up, everyone has been worried for her. Her skin growing pale, her body temperature dropping, even the way she moves is a lot slower, but Mei acts as if she is not affected.

Mei: ...any time now...Yuuki and Kaname will be here. Aren't you excited Rai?

Raizel: ....

Raizel placed a hand over Mei's stomach, and just instantly, one of them kicked.

Mei: hmph, looks like they are excited too.

Raizel could tell a little bit that Mei's hands were shaking.

Raizel: ...Mei, are you cold?

Mei: ...a little bit, winter is coming around though. I just want to see the garden before winter takes it away....

Raizel: ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Just as everything seemed to have calmed for a few months, trouble appeared again.

Mei: what?! M-21 was taken again?!

Tao: I'm looking for traced of him, but there still isn't a single clue.

Frankenstein: I've contacted muzaka, so we'll have to wait.

Mei: ...

Takio: There's no gauruntee that he knows anything about M-21's whereabouts.

Tao: That's true, but right now, we don't have much choices but to wait.

Takio: ...

Unknown to them, Mei could see some of the things happening, but she was not allowed to tell them.

Frankenstein: Mei...Mei?

Mei: ...?!

Frankenstein: can you tell us anything?

Mei: .....

Mei shook her head.
She just couldn't risk changing the timeline again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Back in Mei's room, Mei was worried now. Another conflict arising so suddenly, and this one could be just as bad as the last.

Mei: of all times...

A knock came at the door, and Raizel entered.

Mei: ...Hi Rai.

Raizel: ....

Mei: Are You going to talk to Muzaka?

Raizel nodded.

Mei: ....although, this whole thing worries me. I'm gonna trust you on this....I know your not gonna want me going with you. In fact, you don't want me involved at all with the state I'm in, do you?

Raizel: ....

Raizel never said no, but it was pretty clear that he didn't want Mei involve for just as much her sake and the children's safety.

Mei: haa...I understand....just... come back home as safe as possible, okay?

Raizel nodded again, leaning in to kiss Mei before he left back out the door.

Mei: Raizel.

Raizel: ...?

Mei: I love you.

Raizel smiled.

Raizel: ...I love you too, Mei.

With that, Raizel left.

Mei: ...haa...i know none of this isn't going to turn out good....but what can I do now...?

Mei then felt a slight pain in Her stomach.

Mei: ...ow...I Know your both excited, but do you really have to kick so hard?

Yuuki: brother did it.

Kaname: ....

Both the children appeared next to Mei, both 10 years of age.

Mei: haha. I understand your excitement.

But then Yuuki thought...

Mei: ....Yuuki. Kaname...I need one last favor from you both.

Kaname: anything.

Mei: .....your father may be in danger, and so will the others....go with them and make sure they are safe and don't get killed...I can't rest easy if they do.

Yuuki: ..... But mother....

The tone is Yuuki's voice changed, from happiness to sadness.
Mei looked over at them again. They are both now 18 years old. Yuuki was crying, looking even more hurt than anything.

Mei: ...please, Yuuki, it breaks my heart to see you like that.

Mei took hold of Yuuki's hand.

Yuuki: ....

Mei: It makes me so happy just to see you two. And I love you with my whole being. So please...

Kaname: .....we'll do everything we can.

Mei: ...thank you...

Kaname: ...hold out as long as you can.

Mei: hmph. You know as well as I that I don't go down without a fight....be safe.

The two then vanished.

Mei: ....how long?

Luke: ....not long.

Ame: ....

Ame and Luke were sitting on ether side of Mei. They're backs turned towards her.

Mei: ...I see.

Mei had fallen asleep.