Chapter 44

Mei: ...You told them....to leave.....but they refused.

Raizel: .....

We were in my room. I woke up here after a short while from passing out. I wasn't able to move, I felt paralyzed from the neck down.
I had to regain my strength little by little.

Mei: hehe. I know they would decide to stay. After learning about everything...and after what I did. It is their own decision after all.......but I understand how you feel rai. Not knowing if we'll be able to protect them....you'll risk your life to save them, and I'll risk mine trying to save yours......in the end, we are all selfish....man, I'm crazy. Haha....

Raizel: ...can you feel anything yet?

Mei: ...not yet. I'm still pretty paralyzed.....

I noticed something.
My ring...the ring rai gave me was gone.

Mei: ...my ring...the ring...where is it? What happened to it?

Raizel: calm down. The ring shattered when you used your power.

Mei: .....

It shattered...?

Raizel: I had Frankenstein make a new one for you.

Rai took my hand and put the new ring on.
It was black and had a clear Crystal stone. The last one was silver and had a crimson stone in it.
A completely different ring.

Mei: ....

Raizel: do you not like it?

Mei: ...it's not that. It's a very beautiful ring....I was just so attached to the original one, I'm gonna have to get used to it.

Raizel: .....

Mei: ....go have fun with the kids rai I'm sure they'll be excited to see you. I'll probably see them tomorrow, but tell them I said hi, okay? ...I need to rest a little more.

Raizel: ....

Rai then took his leave out the door.

Mei: ...still a selfish person, I am.

I propped up on my arm and finally sat up.

Vince: you've sped up the process in time. Things from here will continue quickly, unless you stay out of it...

Mei: ...I know. ...I have a feeling we'll be seeing some familiar faces soon.