Chapter 55

Mei: look. That's called the big dipper.

Raizel: ...?

Mei: because the big dipper is shaped like a pan, which in the past was called a dipper. Dippers were used to scoop up water. It gets the big part from being bigger than the little dipper.

Raizel: ....

Me and rai took the time out to stargaze for the night. It's rather fun seeing his reaction to the names and why they are called what they are.

Mei: that one is called Hercules...that one is Leo...Oh, and that one is lupus.

Raizel: .....

Mei: ...hey rai, I hear they have something called an amusement park here.

Raizel: amusement park...?

Mei: yeah. It's a large outdoor area with fairground rides, shows, refreshments, games of chance or skill, and other entertainments....it sounded fun. Wanna go tomorrow after school?

Raizel: ...sure.

Mei: hm, maybe the children would like to come too.

I don't think I ever went to an amusement park, even back a long time ago. I've heard its pretty fun. Hopefully, it could distract me from my frequent thoughts. But a question has been on my mind for a while that I wanted to ask rai.

Now is a good time as any.

Mei: Rai....have you...even thought about having children?

Raizel: ....

It grew silent. A harsh silence, not a comfortable one. I glanced up at him and he looked as if he was deep in thought.
But then he smiled and let out a small sigh...but it seemed like a happy sigh.

Raizel: Its a wonderful thought......but not now.

Mei: ..........I understand....they way things are now, a thought like that is difficult to imagine...especially in our condition.

Raizel: not difficult....just complicated. We might never know if he or she may end up with the same fate as you or I.

Mei: ....I see....

That's understandable.
It could have the fate of Rai, where it would have to use its blood to protect others.
Or it could have my fate, where it could never live a normal life, and forever have the fate as a Life...and deal with death for eternity.....

....now when I think about it, why did I bring a child into this....when neither me nor Rai isn't in any condition for a luxury like that.

...shattered dreams.

Suddenly, I felt something...a vibration.
Then, I jolted up.

Mei: seira...?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I don't understand, the union made a move without thoroughly knowing what's going on.

...Ignes.....

Me and rai had finally arrived to the scene of the battlefield. It was disastrous. Frankenstein and Lazark were already there, but it looks like we all were too late.