[Chapter 11] Fatigue & Anger

[Name] wasn't against the whole training to be able to survive. What she was against was the whole exercise of trying to hit a pole with a who knows how many pounds wooden sword. She lied on the grass feeling the cooling affects on her skin after an hour of trying to raise the sword above her head. Her body still ached from the first day of training and she felt fatigued. She had fallen asleep walking home yesterday. Yes, while walking. It was a surprise when she woke up the next morning on her bed. 

Her stomach growled as she waited for Demyx to return with lunch. He had taken over supervising for the moment until Zexion returned. Looking next to her, she saw the wooden sword along with her enchanted hat. Right now she didn't carry if anyone found her, not the guards or anyone. She slowly sat up feeling all her muscles protest. 

"Ouch, ouch, ouch," she mumbled to herself trying to lean on the tree. The sword next to her seemed to mock her or the hunger was starting to fog her thoughts. She shut her eyes hearing the wind shake the leaves of the trees. The cool breeze felt nice and she felt herself surrender to sleep. Everything felt peaceful until she heard distant laughs and talking. A frown set on her mouth as she slid one eye open. 

Two girls were admiring the garden, one a blur of white and the other pink. That was all she could see currently. Dozing back to sleep, she tried to ignore the chatter until one of them screamed. [Name]'s eyes snapped open to see black creatures surrounding them. She recognized the creatures as the Heartless from the book named Shadows. Without a thought, she picked up the wooden sword, surprised at how light it was, and ran towards the two. Ignoring the pain rising in her sore body, she hit forward as the girl in pink summoned a flowery weapon. 

[Name] tried to stay focus and hit at the Shadows, only to see them flatten themselves. She dodged any of their attacks, blocking them with the sword or twisting away. She had learned to block in the intense, two day training session. She made her way to the pair to see that the girl in pink could handle herself as well as the girl in white who had a dagger drawn out. 

"Nice to get some help," [Name] heard the girl say as she expertly sliced at a few. [Name] stayed silent trying to look like she wasn't having some difficulty with the sword. She grimaced, watching the other girl gracefully swing her sword and land hits while [Name] bluntly smacked away at the enemies missing some of them. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw another of the Heartless appear. This one had the symbol embedded on it and skittered around in the air. It then pointed, towards the two girls, a small cannon. 

[Name] growled kicking at one of the Shadows. The fire was shot and [Name] ran in front of them, arms spread wide. Her eyes snapped closed waiting for the pain until she felt nothing. Blinking, she saw a sort of dome had formed around them. Any attack seemed to cause a shimmering wave to sweep through the dome. All around them black seemed to swallow them with only a small piece of the sky visible. 

"You must be the one that has the castle in an uproar," the girl in white giggled. The other girl stared in awe at the shield. The one in more of a shock was [Name], who had no idea how this had happened. She slowly put her arm out and touched the glittering dome. It felt cool to the touch and she could see a slight reflection of herself until another Shadow slammed into the dome. 

"I guess I am," [Name] chuckled, trying to process everything. "That's me." 

"Well," the girl in pink rubbed the back of her neck. "Sora and Riku didn't have a reason to worry about her safety. Right, Namine?" Before the girl could respond, another slam sent a tremor through the dome. A crack appeared in the defense and all three stared as the damage began to increase.. 

"Kairi?" Namine pulled on the girl's dress.

"So, what now?" Kairi asked, pointing her question at [Name].