[Chapter 8-A] Go the Other Direction

❝Options❞

☞Go the other direction

Keep forward

❝Are you sure?❞

No

☞Yes

[Name] decided against going to the market. Who knows who could recognize her? Plus, where would she hid? Instead she twisted around and headed towards the area where Demyx had found her. There she could try to remember how to head over to his home.

Children were still playing in the streets. She also heard mothers calling for their children for lunch. Stopping she tried to remember which direction they had ran. [Name] decided to continue forward until she felt a hand tug her cape. She looked down to see a scowling boy holding a younger girl's hand.

"My sister wants to know if Demyx is okay," he nodded towards the girl.

"Yeah. He is," she answered.

"What sorta of trouble did you get in, ma'am?" the young girl shyly spoke, keeping behind the boy. [Name] blinked at how she was addressed and knelt to her knees.

"It's complicated," she sighed. Out of the corner of her eye, [Name] saw the familiar colors of the guards. "I'm not anyone bad though."

The girl smiled, "Of course not. You're friends with Demyx."

"Yup," [Name] couldn't help but smile back.

"Okay," the boy pulled her sister away and pointed towards an alleyway. "That leads to where Demyx lives and its a shortcut."

[Name] nodded and gave a quick grin, "Thanks." She stood up and quickened her pace towards the alley. But while she turned, the basket grew in weight throwing her focus to the basket. She stopped to check what could have lept into the basket.

As she did, she hadn't notice someone rush forward. [Name] felt herself collide into another person and then the sensation of falling backwards. Instinctively, she closed her eyes waiting for the pain of the hard cobblestone street. She lost her grip on the basket but felt someone pull her up by the arm and keep her steady.

[Name] cracked an eye open to see fruits and produce scattered around. She stared perplexed at the food gathered around the basket. A small, grayish bird then came to peck at the loaf of bread. Somone close to her then sighed with relief. She then noticed a hand gripping her wrist and another around her waist.

Worried, aquamarine eyes stared at her with a hidden shock. [Name] blinked at the color of his shoulder-length hair, each blink tried to take in the silver hair. She had never seen the type of brilliance of his eyes and how surreal they seemed.

"You okay there?" he asked, breaking her out of the shock.

"U-um, yeah, I guess," [Name] nodded slowly. "Just startled." She tried to laugh off the suprise as he let go. She watched as he went to inspect the condition of the food and ran a hand through his hair. Her eyes landed on his yellow and white cloak reminding her that her hood had come off.

"Sorry about the food," he picked the basket up, checking on its condition. "You just got back from shopping, right?"

"Yeah," she agreed warily, her tone not sounding as convincing. "From shopping?"

He gave a lopsided smile, "You don't sound so sure." A flash of royal blue caught her and she stared at a spiked brunet pointing towards them with a few guards.

"Sorry about all of this," he drew her attention to him by handing back the basket. [Name] blinked as he made a deep bow.

"It's alright. It's alright," she tried to reassure him, waving her hands in front of her. "There's really no need to bow. Just. . .U-um, thanks for saving me an injury."

"You're wel-," he stopped mid-sentence as he stood. "I haven't seen you around here." [Name] felt her anxiety and heart beat rise.

"I got here a few days ago," lies fell from her mouth. "My grandmother fell so my parents sent me to take care of her." She saw in the look on his face that he wasn't buying it. She felt something appear in her cloak pocket.

"Look," [Name] pulled out a heart shaped locket. Clumsily opening it, it showed a picture of her and some random elderly woman posing with a smile. A loud clap startled her. She saw the blue-eyed brunet from before slap the shoulder of the silverette.

"Sora," he growled in pain before turning back to her. "Sorry for accusing you and running into you. I can't really make it up to you."

"It's alright," [Name] felt horrible as she continued to lie. "I heard that there was someone dangerous in the. So I understand. So, u-uh, goodbye."

"Hope to see you again," a smile replaced the glare he was giving Sora. [Name] grinned before pulling her hood up and rushing towards the shortcut. She overheard the conversation and looked back.

"Don't know what happened," Sora shrugged. "But you really have to lay off accusing every person you see."

"It's all for your safety, Prince," Riku smirked, noticing how it irked Sora. She was supposed to avoid the guards and officials. She never expected that she would run into a prince. Nervousness began to gnaw at her nerves as she walked faster.

"Your Highness. Head Guard. Merlin has finished with the sketch of the girl."

[Name] abandoned the basket into a nearby pile while rushing through the streets. In the distance, she heard surprise but it didn't matter. She knew she was close to the house. She just hope that there wasn't any guards still at the house.