[Chapter 8-B] Keep Forward

❝Options❞

Go the other direction

☞Keep forward

❝Are you sure?❞

No

☞Yes

With a deep breath and a boost in confidence, [Name] began forward. She disregarded the few people wandering the plaza and walked towards the staircase. Her eyes kept focus with the two guards at the castle's gates. With her attention focused, she didn't notice the person running in her direction.

[Name] looked up at the instant the royal blue-cloaked person crashed into her. [Name] didn't think the force would throw her to the ground but the basket she carried suddenly weighed her down. She slammed into the cobblestone ground with a gasp of pain.

"I'm so sorry. I really am," the person apologized. "I made you drop your lunch." At those words, she instantly looked towards the basket. A newly bought basket replaced the worn out one she had picked up earlier. She stared at well-prepared sandwiches, fruit, and orange liquid that surrounded the dropped basket. A small, grayish bird landed and pecked at the sandwich.

A silence followed until the other spoke, "Um, let me help you clean up." She turned after the surprise lifted to see him scramble up. Caramel spikes bounced up in several directions following the frantic movement of his. The bright light illuminated his tanned skin and his bright, electric blue eyes. [Name] couldn't stop staring at the brilliance and innocence of his eyes. They gave her a relieving sense.

"I must have ruined lunch for you and your parents. I'm really sorry," he repeated gathering the utensils and cups.

"My parents?" she found herself asking. Her eyes flashed to the guards. They were alerting each other of what had happened and were approaching.

"Yeah. I see a lot of kids bring their parents selling stuff at the bazaar lunch because they can't leave their stands, right?" he turned to her with a grin. She blinked at how cheerful his smile was but her eyes wandered back to the guard advancing.

"Yeah," [Name] nodded stuttering out her reply. "I have to get back home before it get's to-Ouch!" Stopping herself from standing, she looked down to her arm to see her arm bruised with a slight scrape. Her ankle didn't feel any better.

She cradled her arm and attempted to stand again but her ankle creaked in protest. The boy quickly placed the basket down and helped her up, his hands pulling her up delicately. [Name] glanced up to see a worried expression on his boyish face.

"Prince Sora," one of the guards spoke. [Name] gulped and shot her eyes to the floor. She was supposed to avoid the guards and officials. She never expected that she would run into a prince. Nervousness began to gnaw at her nerves as his hand cradled her injured arm.

"Everything is alright," he whispered in a reassuring tone before quietly muttering one word. "Cura." [Name] watched in awe as her wound glowed in a warm, green light and the pain melted away.

"There we go!" he shouted with the same cheery grin. "All better."

"Thanks," she mumbled and inspected her arm. "I'll be heading home then." [Name] picked up the basket and sped walked toward the alley she had come from. Behind her she could hear, the boy explaining what had happened to the guards.

She glanced back to see him animatedly explain away. [Name] faced forward and noticed another person briskly walk by. From behind the white and yellow cloak, he saw silver hair and aquamarine eyes stare back.

"Sorry about the klutz," he bowed his head slightly as a greeting.

"It's alright," she dismissed and watched him pass by. His hair was a strange sight considering back home no one had white hair while they were that young. She then noticed her hood had been knocked off.

[Name] sighed pulling up her hood up before overhearing the far away conversation.

"Head Guard, your Highness, Merlin has finished sketching the girl. Here is the drawing."

[Name] abandoned the basket into a nearby pile while rushing through the streets. In the distance, she heard surprise but it didn't matter. She knew she was close to the house. She just hope that there weren't any guards still at the house.