[Chapter 4] Tea & Cassettes

Riku entered the dark room with his lips drawn into a thin line. A single crack of light illuminated the room. He held his hand to his side clutching the hilt of his sword.

"Zexion?" he called and opened the shutters to the window. The light bathed the furniture-less room and revealed two men. Both knelt on the floor shivering and muttering for someone to stop. Riku stared down at the two men brought before him with a glare both detached and venomous.

"Zexion?" he called again with a louder tone.

"Yes?"

In a flash of movement, Riku had his sword under the neck of a shorter man next to him. The man sighed and pushed away the blade with gloved hands. His one visible lavender blue eye stared at the blade indifferently. His other eye hid behind the bangs of his grayish blue hair.

Riku sheathed his sword than stared back at the men, "What information have you extracted out of them?"

"They were sent to steal the Star Shard from DisneyCastle by the current leader of Agrabah. Both were to board a train to TwilightTown and from there to TraverseTown where they would hand it to another carrier," Zexion crossed his arm. "Even if they are assassins, they aren't much thieves."

"Don't hold everybody to your level," Riku chuckled then turned to the men with a apathetic glance. "Release them. I need them to talk."

"Alright," Zexion waved his hand across him. The men gasped in and frantically looked around.

"We already told you! We don't have the Star Shard anymore!" the thinner of them panted. "We don't have it! We don't have it! We don't have it!"

Riku questioned with the same neutral tone, "Then who does?"

"The girl!" the other whimpered. "She used it and disappeared! It was the girl! She has it!"

"Which girl?" Zexion calmly asked, inspecting the peeling paint.

"I don't know she appeared with the star when we dropped it into the water!" the other explained in a panicky voice.

"Yeah! She just appeared in the water!" the other agreed. "She didn't even know what the Star Shard was before she used it!"

Riku faced Zexion, "I'm finished with them."

"No. No! NO!" they both screamed and pleaded at the top of their lungs. "Not back there!" Zexion simply snapped his fingers and both fell limply silent to the floor.

Riku glanced to him, "I believe it's one of your kind then."

"I believe so," Zexion contemplated. "I'll have to call the others to search for her."

"Before you do," another voice joined them. They both turned to see a dark haired youth casually leaning at the door. His piercing yellow eyes glared at the men with disgust. "Check here."

"Why, Vanitas?" Riku addressed him coldly.

"Oh, I don't know," he shrugged. "Maybe because your little Royal Guard is chasing the girl around." Riku rushed past him calling a servant to alert Sora.

"Come on! Don't kill the fun!" Vanitas called after him. "It's really amusing watching them chase one little girl!"

"I thought you were with your brother?" Zexion stared at the male.

"I am," Vanitas tapped the bracelet with a smirk, "I'm trying out Cid's projection invention." A small orb of grey followed behind him.