[Chapter 8] Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

==========

Here's another chapter! I finally finalized my plot and just need to get over my writer's block.

For this story, I'm only planning to have 3 [BOC]s because I like my results to be detailed. Those [BOC]s are Sora, Roxas, and Riku. I'm leaning towards including another [BOC], maybe Axel or Vanitas, but I'll figure that out after getting some more chapters out.

Enjoy~!

==========

[Name] clutched the long, navy blue cloak around her. Her heart thumped loudly in her chest as she strained to hear the footsteps intruding the home. In her hands, the Star Shard shone lowly.

Only a few minutes earlier, [Name] had finished sorting through a few of the boxes. The closet had clothes scattered in different piles, one that she fit and one that was either too small or too large. She learned to look mainly through the boxes labeled Roxas, Zexion, Larxene, Demyx, and Axel.

She had been trying on some simple long sleeves and jeans. She was dressed in a baggy, long sleeve in her favorite color and cargo pants that she had found under Demyx's box. [Name] found a cloak under Zexion's and tried it on to see if it was too long for her. As she grinned at the perfect length with the cloak sweeping a few inches from the floor, Lexicon had swooped in and quietly squawked a warning.

A pounding at the door had thrown her into action. Adrenaline rushed through her veins as she dimmed the crystal's light. Quietly shutting the door, she panted for air.

"Zexion! Demyx! Are you in?" Merlin's voice rang. [Name] pulled on the string and nervously waited for the ladder to fall. She scrambled up the ladder as she heard the door's lock click. Pulling the ladder up, she heard the voices of men filling the downstairs.

She scanned the small attic and found a corner crammed between a mirror and chests. She had lost sight of Lexicon as she rushed to the spot. Sitting in the spot, she pulled the hood over her. She knew it wouldn't do much good but she hoped the hood hid her.

As she silently listened for footsteps, a faint light appeared in hand. The Star Shard slowly materialized in her hand. A look of confusion was soon replaced with one of fear. [Name] heard as the ladder was lowered and heavy footsteps entered the attic.

[Name] gripped at the star hoping it would teleport her out of there. Nevertheless, after a few stressful moments, she lost hope in it. The sounds of steps halted and she held her breath. Clasping a hand over her mouth, she urged herself to look for the guard. Placing a hand over the mirror for support, [Name] looked over the chest.

The guard was across the room examining a chest filled with costumes. She sighed with a sort of relief but felt her hand sink into something. Turning back, she gasped at the sight of her hand in the mirror. Surrounding her hand were ripples and waves like if she had stuck her hand into a puddle. She swiftly pulled her hand back with a panicked expression and knocked her elbow into the chest.

The guard turned at the sound. With a frustrated grunt, he slammed the chest shut. The steel of his boots deepened the sound. He drew his weapon, a short staff, and peeked behind the chests. He raised an eyebrow to find just a mirror and nothing else.

[Name] stared at the surrounding alley and sighed at the familiarity of it. This was around the same place she met Demyx. She ran a hand through her hair and frowned at the Star Shard.

'Have to keep this hidden,' she thought to herself as she searched for pockets. She found one stitched into the cloak. Delicately placing the Shard in, she noticed a discarded basket and picked it up. A plan formulated in her mind. She could disguise herself as just a girl going to the market. She listened for the familiar clanking of boots. [Name] spotted the guards at the other end of the Main Plaza.

Placing her hood on, she contemplated her choices. She could either act as if she just returned from the store and make her way back to the house or keep forward and blend into the marketplace she had run from.

❝Options❞

☞Go the other direction

☞Keep forward

Choose from the two chapters as one of your choices.