[Chapter 12] Porridge & Support

[Name] felt herself slowly be tempted out of sleep. There were a mixture of smells that put together smelled delectable. She heard her stomach growl and pains following. Someone slowly sat her up. She felt herself lean against the headboard and she gripped the sleeve of whoever it was. Her eyes blinked opened lethargically, only able to see a fuzz of golden blond hair. Her lack of energy weighed her eyelids down. The person gently eased her hand off his sleeve moving out of her sight. 

"[Name]," someone whispered soothingly a moment later. "Can you open your mouth, please?" 

She did and felt a small gel capsule be placed on her tongue. She bit down and felt a sour taste rushed through her mouth. Her eyes snapped opened as her lips puckered at the awful flavor. 

"Spit it out." She was handed a napkin and she did with disgust. [Name] felt a glass being handed to her. She took the water, almost choking on it, before handing back the now empty glass. She then noticed the complete stranger sitting next to her and froze. Her eyes searched the home for Demyx or Zexion before landing on the boy. He seemed to understand the panicked look and gave a reassuring smile. 

"Zexion went to check on the others," he stood up, dropping the used napkin into the glass. "He'll be back soon." [Name] gripped her sheets trying to recall what had happened. Her mouth still burned and the aches in her stomach and head weren't helping her processing. She then observed the blond stranger with the windswept hair spoon some porridge into a bowl. His bright blue eyes made contact with hers and he smiled. 

"U-uh," she began, not sure what to do or say. "What happened to your hair?" As her vision began to sharpen, she noticed the purple splotches in his hair.

He sighed, trying to hide a smile, "Long story." Bringing the bowl over, he brought a chair along and sat. Taking a bit onto the spoon, he held it out for her to eat. [Name] stared at the spoon and back at him. His face then flushed into different shades of scarlets as he handed her the bowl. [Name] took it and watch as he rubbed his face, not making eye contact. She giggled, beginning her long awaited meal. 

"Nice to meet you," she said between bites. "I'm [Name]." He emerged from behind his hands and gave a small smile.

"I'm Roxas," he chuckled. "Nice to meet you too, [Name]." She smiled back, feeling her stomach being filled. She stayed focused on eating while watching him sneak glances. [Name] had other things to worry about though. Her mind went back to the battle and she wondered about the dome. She thought back to the incident where her hand went into the mirror in the attic. Her attention turned towards the window when she saw a flash of gray. 

"Lexicon," she called, watching the bird fly to her side. It perched itself on the headboard and lightly pecked at her head. Roxas smiled, turning towards the door. Moments later, three people entered. Demyx, Zexion, and another stranger [Name] was going to be introduced to. She stared at the shock of red hair mixed with purple. 

"So, this is [Name]," he grinned. "You must be the Star Shard thief." 

"Wasn't my fault," she mumbled, remembering that the Star Shard was upstairs in a box. "Are the two girls okay?" 

"They're fine," Zexion answered quickly. He sat down and leaned into his hands in thought. [Name] turned to Demyx giving a questioning look. He shook his head and worded 'Later'. 

"[Name], this is Axel," Roxas pointed at the man. "Axel. [Name]." Axel smiled, giving a two fingered salute before lounging on another chair across from Zexion. Demyx rushed towards the other side of your bed. He drew the curtains that were built into the bunk beds on that side. 

"[Name], your training's being suspended until you're actually well enough," he smiled. "We didn't factor in that you might be a little out of shape and that you probably couldn't handle the intense workout so you should get some rest." [Name] glared at him, noticing he was trying too hard to smile. Roxas had the same look of confusion and concern.