[Chapter 5] Geezers & Fries

"[Name]!" the familiar blond grinned. "Hope Zexy didn't scare ya."

"It's Zexion," he hissed at the other before taking a seat on the beds. [Name] stared at the house they were now in. It simply held a small kitchen, a table that seated two, and bunk beds to the left. Another door lead the bathroom. Demyx sat at the dining table with a paper bag that smelt familiar.

"No," she shook her head. "Is that my food?" He nodded and waved her over. As he unpacked the meal, [Name]'s eyes widened at the food.

"Burgers and fries!" Demyx announced after placing the meal down. Your mouth salivated and your stomach rumbled.

"They have these here?" she asked before digging in.

"Not before Saix and Axel," Demyx smiled then sighed. "We have a lot to explain."

"But before that," he stopped himself. "Cassettes still exist, right?"

"They're kind of obsolete now," she chuckled nervously. "We can use the computer now to upload music."

"Those huge things?" Demyx stared with confusion.

"They kind of got smaller and," [Name] sighed. "I can't really explain it."

"It's okay," Demyx nodded. "I tried explaining cassettes and radios to Zexion. It didn't go so well."

"Where do we start?" Zexion scowled thoughtfully. [Name] glanced up from her food to see the two looking at the wall with a frown.

"Where are you from [Name]?" Demyx spun back around.

"{City}, [State or Country]," she answered.

Zexion glared at the ground, "I don't know where that is."

"You're from the Middle Ages. You wouldn't," Demyx chuckled and turned to you. "I've heard of it so we're all from Earth. Now you know that star thing right?"

"The Star Shard?" [Name] nodded. "Yeah?"

"It is what brought you to this world. You are currently in the city of Radiant Gardens," Zexion began. "In this world, major cities or towns only have power over the city and a few miles of land around the city."

"Think about the whole structure of nobles and serfs in medieval times," Demyx chimed in. "Lords only had control of the area around them."

"Exactly," Zexion nodded. "I guess you are helpful intellectually."

Demyx feigned a jab to the heart, "Ouch! Harsh."

Zexion ignored him and continued, "Anyways, this world is made up of many of these cities. This world can use magic but it is limited to just spells and a few elements. That's one difference between them and us. All of that have been transported from Earth can control an element that exist in this world."

"So," [Name] slurred. "there's more of us?"

"Yup!" Demyx grinned. "Another fou-thirteen. Thirteen." She glared as they both tense up.

"So thirteen of other people that are from Earth?" [Name] repeated.

"Yup but, some of are from different time periods," Demyx nodded.

"Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, and I come from either the 15th or 16th century while Saix, Axel, me, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, and Roxas are from either the 1990s or 2000s," Demyx used his fingers to count them out.

[Name] found the names to have a strange pattern and asked, "Why do you all have X's in your names?" Demyx stared back at Zexion with a nervous expression.

"You'll eventually learn and the sooner the better," Zexion shook his head. "We had to change our names as an act of abandoning our world and as a pledge that we will help this world with our powers."

"You have to help?" she frowned.

"Either we help or we're hunted down and are either trapped or eliminated," Zexion sneered bitterness in his tone. [Name] dropped the hamburger in her hand.

She gulped, "Eliminated?"

"Yeah," Demyx snorted and spoke in a lower, sadder tone. "They consider us dangerous because of what we can do. They track our every movement and make us take on missions that usually are impossible for a normal person. They rather have us on a leash then running wild."

"Oh," [Name] stared down at her meal. Her appetite ceased. "So I'm going to have to change my name?"

"No!" Demyx growled slamming his fist on the table. "I'm not letting them use another one of us! You're not going to risk your life for something you have no idea about! You aren't going to be caught by them until you're ready and want to!"

[Name] jumped at the angry outburst from the carefree man. She noticed water in the glass Zexion gave her was boiling and began to steam.

"Cool it," Zexion snarled and rolled his eyes. "We don't plan on just handing you over to the state. Well at least this state currently."

"What's wrong with Radiant Gardens?" she asked watching the water cool.

"It's being run by a bunch of geezers right now that will only see you as a weapon in the war," Demyx exhaled, his anger dissipating. "We'll either have to wait for the King to give you passage or smuggle you out to another state."

"There's a war!" [Name] narrowed her eyes at Zexion.

"Yup, the Heartless" Demyx stood and began to search the drawers of the dresser. "Where's your Lexicon?"

"Why don't we let [Name] finish her meal before we talk of the Heartless and other matters?" Zexion sighed staring down at the now untouched food. "It'll give you more time to process what we've explain.

"Yeah," [Name] simply nodded. The food felt dry now and didn't have the same delectable flavor. "A lot to process." She began to think of her peaceful life that consists of only wars fought away from her. The thought of becoming a weapon scared her. She knew that maybe she had powers like Zexion and Demyx but she didn't know how to use them. She lacked any sort of fighting experience. Regret weighed her down.

Maybe she wouldn't have been in this war if she hadn't fallen.

=============

My laptop has refused to work for the past two weeks and I freeze can only update from my phone which is surprisingly easier. Anywho, sorry for the delay.