Chapter 1

*Kaitlynn's POV*

I woke up at 5:30 am from the nightmare I was having. I was at school and all the people were beating me up because of him. Because I was the girl who broke up with little teen heartthrob Cody Simpson.

It's been 1 year since I last saw the Simpson's and talked to them. I really had nothing to say. Cody has tried to contact me through basically every way possible. I blocked him on twitter before deactivating mine. I refused to answer his calls no matter how bad I wanted to answer to hear his voice again. I blocked him on Instagram. I even burned his letters when I got them. Well Melanie read them and then I burned them.

When Melanie and I got home it was bad. Kylie spread the news that I cheated on Cody and only dated him for money. The kids at school were anything but quiet about the situation. Girls constantly cornered me in the bathroom and guys thought I was a slut. So I quit public school and started virtual school.

I stopped talking to most of my friends, only keeping a few. I made new exciting ones who weren't judgmental and were extremely fun. There was Michael, Tiff, Alan, and Jasmine. Well and of course Melanie. We are the kids who don't give a fuck about the future and live in the present. We like to drink..... A lot and occasionally smoke some good stuff. I started dressing in high waisted shorts and crop tops with combat boots. like my style had gone from conservative beachy to slutty hipster. But I didn't give a fuck. My parents actually have no idea about any of the drinking and smoking and would kill me if they did.

Anyways today is the start of my senior year. I decided to get back into school so I could go out with a bang. Hopefully people forgot about who I am so I can just enjoy my first day of senior year.

I walked downstairs to kiss my mom and dad goodnight. Why goodnight you ask. Because goodbye means forever and goodnight only means for a short time.

After I said goodnight to my parents I got in my car. I turned on the radio and first thing to pop up was "Morning orange park! Here's new music from pop star Cody Simp-"

I turned the station fast and tightened the grip on my wheel. Forget about him Kaitlynn. It's been a year since it happened so you should feel nothing. Ha yea. They couldn't be further from the truth from the saying out of sight means out of mind. DAMMIT! That's a verse from summertime of our loves. The song Cody wrote about us. Whatever I'm determined to make myself forget about him.

As I pulled up into the parking lot I saw my friends. I parked next to them then took a deep breath.

You can do this.

Thanks self.

No problem. See I can be nice.

When you want.

As I got out of the car my friends tackled me with hugs. There was Esther, Morgan, Mary, and Melanie. "I'm so happy you're back," Morgan said. "Me too," I said and smiled.

We walked to the office to get my schedule.

1st period: AP United States history

2nd period: English 3

3rd period: anatomy and physiology honours

4th period: holocaust

5th period: Algebra 2

6th period: Italian 2

Damn I have a hard schedule! And I have no classes with my friends. Great now my nerves are starting to kick in.

I walked to first period with my head held high. People stared and whispered about me but I tried to ignore it. When I entered my class there was only about 3 people in it. I thanked god because I could grab a seat in the back.

As the class filed in they all took notice to me. Occasionally some girls would get up to talk to me then sit down when they saw my face. It was the 'if you're going to ask me about Cody, you need to sit down' face.

This was going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Cody's POV*

"Dad what are you saying?" I asked. "I'm saying you're leaving in 3 days to go on a small tour to get your head back in the game. Cody you can't keep going out late and partying. I've had enough and I don't care that you haven't done anything wrong. This isn't you," he said.

My dad woke me up this morning yelling at me because I came home at 2 am. I honestly don't see what's wrong with going out. For the past two weeks I quit going to the studio and just started chilling. To get my mind off of her.

It's been a year since I last saw her. I tried contacting her through twitter, Instagram, and even callingo her. But she blocked me from all of it so I started going on Alli's accounts to see her. I could only see her Instagram but about 7 months ago she deleted it.

"Cody you're my son and I love you unconditionally but we're here because you have a true talent and I don't want to see you waste it away. You were doing so good but these last two weeks haven't been your best," my dad said. I threw a shirt on and got out of bed. "Alright what's the first stop," I asked grabbing some water. My dad started to walk out but turned to say, "Orange Park, Florida."

I spit the water out and started choking. "Cody why did you ju-" my dad started to say before he realised why I did that. He opened his mouth to say something but just walked out.

Oh this is gonna be fun.

I took out my phone and tweeted:

@CodySimpson: touring in 3 days? I think so! Get ready angels because I'm coming!

Alli came running in my room. "Where are you going on tour?" She asked. "All I know right now is Florida," I answered. "What part?" She asked messing with my hair. "Jacksonville. Actually orange park to be exact," I said. Her eyes bugged out and she said, "but that's where." "That's where Kaitlynn lives," I said.