Hazy Love

I managed to get him to his bed and all I can say is. God! What does he eat? I chuckle to myself and sit watching for a little while sitting on a chair besides the  bed. His lips parted ever so slightly and his face peaceful without a single crease from stress or anger. I sigh as he mumbles a little bringing his arms round the pillow from the other side of the bed and hugs it to him. Aww. I think to myself and pout pulling out my phone and taking a photo of him. Hahaha I can use this for blackmail now. "Tris?" He whispers tightening his hold on the pillow. "I-I..." At that moment he wakes slightly an sees me before he's out cold again. A small smile snaked its way onto his face as he slept. I get up and go back to my room. He is dunk still. And therefore doesn't know what he means. He only told me when he was drunk so he must have been lying. I fall into my own bed and weep, why did this have to happen? I don't know if Tobias is still here because I could use the company. I don't know if I even want to see him right now.

I mentally slap myself and bury my thoughts to allow sleep the chance to take me. 

Eric's POV:

The sun peeks through the window and I smile hugging into Tris, only to open my eyes properly and see that it is just a pillow. I guess I was that drunk I told her. I wonder if she saw me like this with the pillow? I know this must sound weak coming from me but when sober I fear rejection. I fear being rejected by her most of all. I stretch out without any signs of a hangover. I guess I'm just used to it by now. I stand up clumsily and get changed into shorts and a shirt.  Not that I want to wear a shirt but I dislike the Amity people and there happiness towards everything even the defined muscular outlining on my abs and arms. I mean shit man they are worse then Candor. I need to see Tris I've told her and now there is no turning back. I open my door and glance out to find her and Number boy in the hallway near the bathroom smooching. Great. It was saddening to watch her kiss him almost like the way she did to me yesterday. I cough and they continue. As I start to look in more detail I see that Tris is trying to push him away and that she was not kissing back. I smile before replacing it with a cold scowl and stomp over ripping them apart. Tris falls into my arms slightly and I stand her to the side.

"Four!" I yell emphasising on his fake name, then go on to continue, "Should you not be on your way to Compound!" I snap at him with a killer's smile. Four nods remembering my authority and power over everyone that joins the fraction whether in or out of it.  He walks away down the stairs and I turn back to Tris.

"Are you alright?" I say and grab her face tilting it around before being happy that she has no physical harm. But what about mentally. "Did he force you- are you sure that you are alright- was he going to force you to do any thing else- is he hassling..." Before I could finish the never ending questions she kisses me. I know she only did it to shut me up. Yet it feels like she meant it as something more at the same time.

"I can't get what happened yesterday off of my mind." She whispers against my lips and goes back to kissing me deeply wanting passion. So I give it to her. Her hands tug at the ends of my hair and her body pressed up to mine. I sigh with contentment as she pulls away. I swear she is the only person who I need.

"You have no idea how badly I have wanted, no needed you to do that." I murmur back and pull her lips to mine and she kisses back straight away. Now I have her I'm not trading her for the world. I hear a slight cough from behind Tris and my eyes flicker to it. Uriah Pedrad. A scowl on his face and he holds the phone in one had waving it slightly.

"Eric it's for you. Tris can I have a word?" He says and passes the phone to me before dragging Tris down stairs with him. Boy I hope he is not going to have a pathetic attempt at taking Tris from me. I will not go down easily.

"Hello?" I bark down the phone only to here a small chuckle.

"Still the same old angry Eric, huh?" Max's voice fills the phone and I just growl more.

"I have nothing to report and Tris as well as Uriah are fine." I growl again and hang up on him. I stealthily sneak down the stairs careful not to make a sound. I do not enter the room they are in but I am able to hear their conversation.

"Tris I-I don't want to see you get hurt." He says and I become even more curious and peek round the door. His hand on her face and he sits side ways on the sofa to face her properly. She giggles and beams up at him.

"I know Uri. You are my best friend and I just cannot push these feelings that I have away. Ever since meeting, I cannot stop them." I glare at them as I see Uriah get up and nod his head.

"Okay Tris, I understand." He says sighing and I sprint soundlessly up the stairs and into my room. Why did he sound disheartened when she confessed her feelings for him? I knew she was too good for me and now I really have lost her.

Yet it might be that she is still not over numbers. Maybe she didn't kiss back because she didn't know what her feelings were. She might have even said that about me. Not that it would be true. She loves four and not me. I mean she was a little sulky when he wasn't there and when she knew he was coming she was all smiley and happy. She has only ever known me as her scary instructor or in a work environment.