Heated Moments

I wake from my cold, dreamless sleep and sigh. Do I really love him? I yawn lazily only to cry out slightly, a steering pain across the left side of my face. Memories from yesterday crashed down on me like a ton of bricks.  I need to try and conceal it, but first a shower will do good. I pinch a towel off the shelf and head off towards my door. My door swings wide open and smashes into me. "Tris I'm sorry... What happened?" He asked and kneels down to where I fell.
"That stupid door has hit me three times now!" I yell in fake frustration. I cannot tell him what really happened because then he might use this against me. 
"Oh, Four left earlier this morning  and told me that you had an accident with the door last night twice." He tells me, not questioning my- our excuse. I stand, scooping the towels off the ground and speed off to the bathroom.

I don't want to talk to Eric encase I say something I don't want to. What would happen if Four found out that I told him. He would kill me... Or try to. I turn to mirror and see the purple, blue and deep red bruise that covers most of my face. If you study it closely you can see a slightly pale, rosy pink finger mark near my hair line. I wonder if Eric had seen the finger marks or if he wasn't paying enough attention to it. If that was anyone else, besides Uriah, then they would have noticed but I guess not. How could he of not seen them when he was crouched besides me at a closer distance from me then I am to my own reflection in the mirror.

He might have seen it already and felt not to say anything encase it upset me. What if he didn't say anything so that he could protect my pride and maybe more. My heart aches but only for a second. What if I catch strong feelings for Eric, what if Four find out? He would hurt me, or him. Tears come to my face and I glance up my vision blurred as I watch the tears tumble down. I don't think it is possible for me to love anyone besides Tobias. Even if I wanted to I would have to stay with him and that is the way my life will be. If I don't make an attempt to stop him or move on, then I risk my life and the life of a child that we may have in the future. I cannot allow him to hurt another person because of me.

Eric's POV:

Why is it that this morning both Number's and Tris were acting strange? Well mostly Tris. She stuttered and got really angry, yet she didn't maintain eye contact with me or anything. I noticed the odd shape of her bruise and it doesn't add up. There is multiple reasons to there being the formation of such an odd bruise. I sit myself in the study and look through citizen profiles and guard patrol numbers. All the complicated bullshit that we have to fill out.  I'll talk to Tris later and see whether she wants to see the Animal pens before we head out to the Guard Station.

She would tell me if something was wrong... Wouldn't she? Ugh! She probably wouldn't even if I tell myself a thousand time that she will.

I stare at the floor.  She's lying to me. I don't want to believe it but I can tell because she isn't normally so quiet or easily annoyed like she was earlier. What am I saying? I don't even know her properly. "Tris!" I hear Uriah yell and he starts banging on the door. He bursts in and sees me. Confusion crosses his face before it is replaced with anger. "Why are you in Tris' room?" He asks curiously. I sigh.

" I came in looking for tris and accidentally knocked her over with the door, then I noticed that she had a big bruise on her face." I tell him and snarl slightly. After his little moment with Tris and what he said, I actually really hate him.

"Oh well-" at that moment Tris walks through the door in her towel and sees us. Her face burns bright red and she lets out a small nervous laugh.  The bruise seem to extent slightly into her hairline. I don't know how I could have missed it. 

"Hi... do you mind leaving so I can get dressed?" She stammers nervously. I nod and stand up grabbing a love struck Pedrad by the collar. I drag him through the door and slam it shut after us.

"What do you think you are doing?" I hiss slamming him against the wall. "Do I have to warn you again?"

"No. I don't care what you, or Four, or anyone has to say, I am taking the risk because she is worth it." He replies with a semi good punch, landing it on my right cheek bone. To be honest I've been hit worse.

"Then you won't mind me beating you to in pulp." I ask aggressively and smirk. He shoves me out the way and knocks on Tris's door.

"Hey Tris," he calls and then waits do his reply.

"Yes Uri?" He glances at me, flashing a cocky smile and begins to speak.

"You wanna go out tonight... Like a date?" He asks shyly and waits yet again. However, instead of speaking through the door, Tris opens it and leaps into his arms.

"Okay." She replies in a baby like tone. WHAT?! My anger flies through the ceiling right now. TRIS IS GOING ON A DATE WITH URIAH! I grunt and storm off to the kitchen. I'm hangry. I'm angry and hungry at the same time.

I thought that she was still with four? I thought that what happened a couple days ago actually meant something. I guess I was so horribly wrong. At least she is happy and I know he can protect her... Bullshit! She is mine! I will do everything I can to make her mine forever.