Mistakes Are Made

"Um I don't know wether Eric is coming or not. He is a little drunk." I tell the others and they roll their eyes.

"I'll see if Rob wants to come." Uri says and looks to me.

"Yeah sure." Four says sarcastically. I turn to him with a glare. What has he got against Robert?

"Is there something wrong with Robert?" I snap at him descreetly scowling at him. "Remember Four we are not really together anymore, now are we?" Reminding him to bite his tongue.

"Well soon we will be." He shoots back. "Now baby why don't we just go out. Me and you on a date." He says emphasising the 'baby' part. I roll my eyes and scoff.

"I'd rather kiss Randy the house." I spit back in reply. "Or maybe I'll do one a date with the drunk upstairs." I tease knowing that this will hurt him. He growls and walks away. Great one problem down.

Sighing I glance at Uri and head upstairs. " I'll check on Eric and then we'll just leave this till tomorrow." I mumble sulking up the stairs and into Eric's room. He sits on the bed staring at his hands unaware that I am standing before him.
"Dammit! Why am I so stupid? Why do I have to fall for someone so perfect? Why do I always lose, always get second best, 'better luck next time'. Now I'm sick of it." He mutters angrily staring at his hands. What does he mean by this? Second best. He doesn't always lose so why does he think this?

"Eric," I call soothingly, "Are you alright?" His head shoots up and now I can see the tears he was fighting back.
"This is my fault isn't it? I'm sorry please know I never meant to make you feel bad I promise." I plead dropping to my knees in front of him.

"Tris stop, I don't really want to talk about it." He replies turning his face away from me attempting to hide it. I grab his chin tilting his face back and smile.

"It's not good to keep it all cooped up inside of you. Eric please tell me?" I rest my forearm across both his knew still holding onto his face. "Is there anything I can do?" I whisper getting myself lost I the arctic gaze. His eyes are strange they seem like they are glazed with melted metal and mixed with the pale blue of a clear summer sky. His face defined by prominent cheek bones and sharp jaw long pinched nose and full lips. It held few feather brushed wrinkles on his forehead. Sinister cold metal dotted heavily in his ears and on his face. His lower lip contains a single silver ring through it that he runs his tongue over occasionally. In the similar slow motion that he is doing at this very second. It rolls over it drawing in his lower lip to be caught like prey to perfect white teeth.

"Well you can stop staring at my mouth." He says laughing at my dazed state I blink once and look back up into his eyes. I smirk at the thought of making him pay for every joke he has done. This will effect him more because he is intoxicated.

"Maybe I should bite it instead?" I suggest playfully. Eric freezes like ice for a moment sucking in as much air as he can. "Get some more rest I'll check on you later alright?" Just as I am about it pull my hand away from his chin his own hand closes around it. Locking it there. Being drunk there is always the risk of mood swings.

"Don't leave. I'd rather you stay here, with me, and not the others." His he moves my hand down slowly to my lap. This must be what he means by second best. He thinks that he is not worth as much as the next person does. He's honest when he is drunk because he admits a lot of things.

"Well your priority right now so I'll stay." I reply feeling guilty about what he said earlier. "Your drunk and should probably lie down." I advise rising to my feet. He takes my hand and follows me the side of the bed.

"Lie with me please." He begs leaning closer to me. I nod giving in because I still feel guilty. He heavily plops down on his bed and smiles at me. "You are beautiful Tris." He says pulling me down by my hand. I fall into the bed next I him hair sprawled across the sheets arms either side of my head.

"You are intoxicated. I also don't think that this is a good ideas." I warn calmly being careful of his drunk state. His face morphs into a frown and he glances at me nodding. He watches as I sit myself up and look towards him. Hair messy, arctic eyes following me slowed by his state. He drags his tongue over the ring of his lip and back after it captures his lip. "Enough of that. Good night Eric."

"But please, just stay for a bit?" I shake my head at his begging and stand up.

"I need to see Four." I tell him as an excuse. Eric growls turning away from me.

"What is with him that's got you on some kind of leash. Is it his first place, the 'go to' man. Or maybe I'm just a worthless shadow not good enough for anything?" He sarcastically bellows before muttering incoherently to himself. I know this was my fault. He wouldn't be acting this way if it wasn't.

"That it! I'm done dealing with your sorry ass. I thought you was tougher then this but I guess I was wrong. If you're not going to tell me what I've done wrong or if I've done anything at all then don't take it out on me!" I snap screaming at him. My breath comes out in hot long pants. He doesn't understand what I'm going through with Tobias an now I'm pretty sure I probably won't ever tell him.

Toning my voice down I hiss at him almost silently. "The relationship I have with Four is more than meets the eye, and you wouldn't understand this now would you." With that I storm out back down stairs. Uri points at the into the small porch outback an smiles. Finally someone who is not pissing me off. I stroll out and see him sitting on a oak bench placed diagonally on the porch.

"We need to talk?" He says sitting hands on his knees in a calm state. "Come sit." I obey and sit besides him. His words make my throat tighten and palms sweaty, I fear him.

"Four what do you want to talk about?" He smiles hastily bring his hand to my cheek. The soft padding warms more as I lean against it. I love him

"Can I kiss you?" He asks inching his mouth closer to mine. I want to but don't at the same time because he won't quit it afterwards. I missed him and his mouth and his kindness. His lips are centre meters from mine and his breath is shallow against my face. I love him. But why can't I say it to him.

"Yes." I mutter as his lips come crashing down on mine I sigh kissing back with the same force and his hand claws into my waist and the other a fist full of my hair My hands outline his neck and jaw. "I love you." I whisper between kisses for what seems like the first time in forever. Do I really mean it though? Ugh! Now I'm confusing myself.

"And I love you." He says breaking away from the kiss. "Tris, will you be my girlfriend... Again?" He whispers and I smile. Do I say yes and wait for things to go bad or say no and make him mad? I don't think I can love someone like him, but I do. And then I don't. What do I say?I need more time to think over things but I don't know what to say... I could just stay put here a little longer like a week or two. That should be enough time.

"I'll think about it. Tell you what, you go back to compound and I'll return in a few days and tell you then." I suggest smiling softly. Tobias thinks for a bit than nods.

"Okay, I just really miss you when your not there." He sulks kissing my cheek.

"And I you, but you'll see me once I've finished all my work here Sulky." I tease taking his hand into mine. "You need to go tonight okay because I wouldn't be able to do anything whilst your here."

He smiles a shy smile and gets up. "I brought something for you but I guess I'll just have to hold onto it for now." He hints taunting me with the curiosity of what it could be. "I know that you are different from any other person I've met so I know that you'll love it." He continues teasing me into asking but I won't break. I can't because I don't want to show him that he cannot walk all over me anymore.
"It'll have you wait until I come back then." I reply smirking. His face drops an he scowls. "It will be a nice surprise for when I get back." With a shake of the head he leans down pulling out a silver box with a plain red bow on the front.

"When you think the worst of me or miss me too much open it and take a look." He told me whilst rising off the bench. "I've got to head back so I can get some rest for work tomorrow. Just know that you mean the world to me." With that he leaves heading round the side of the house. What am I getting myself into? At least I gave myself more time to think clearly. I'm such an idiot. Whatever if he thinks I'm going to say yes, will he hurt me if I say no?