Hopeless

"Tris," Numbers is still here!? I thought I had already told him twice? He should be long gone by now. Do I need to tell him a third time? What is he do- "Hey," he calls again softer then before.

"Why are you still here?" Tris snaps loudly, "get lost will you!" I laugh inwardly and smile at her out burst. Feisty little madam she is.

"I am still here because I wanted to say I love you." He coos annoyingly and I hear the shuffle of feet. What's going on? Is he going to kiss her?

"I'm in a shit mood right now alright! Just leave me alone!" She screams at him and I hear skin on skin contact. It's so loud that I know she slapped him. He deserves everything he gets. She cries in frustration and I hear him trying to soothe her anger. She sobs almost soundlessly and sniffles. "Sorry I hit you... I've just had a rough day."

"Tris, I'm sorry for everything. I love you so much that you don't understand what it does to me when you try to leave. I love you." He yells and I hear a slight shuffle. Her heavy sigh hits the air and the sobs leaving uneven breathes in its wake.
"I love you too." She whispers back and I hear another shuffle and this time Tris giggles only to then wince slightly.

"Did... Did he do this?" He asks and I hear a small timid no leave her mouth. "Why is their hand marks on you? Did he try anything." Again I hear her say no and small feet pass the door into the direction of her room. She told him she loved him. And she didn't scream at him when when he said that. I forgot that she bruises easily sometimes.

I guess it was always him. I should have realised this by now. She and Four have broken up and gotten back together about 5-8 times I think? I have no hope in perusing her since she is already taken, or well, has her eyes on another. I believed her when she told me she returned my feeling, but it was too good to be true. I'm always second, second best, second chosen, second in line, second in everything. Even back in my Erudite life, It was always my brother who everyone loved. He was always first. I was an outcast, I was his shadow and always second. I will never be more then a runner-up, a loser, always to be forgotten. I achieved nor excelled at anything and everything. Yet I don't pity myself. I will show I am more then just the second place loser.

Tris' POV:

Sprawled out on the bed with deep thoughts running through my mind is not the best feeling. I yelled at Tobias that I loved him, because it's true. I still do love him, yet I don't think I will ever love him as much as I did before. In a way I felt worse telling him I love him then I would have before. Sometimes he can act sweet, and be nice, but like I said he is only acting. Sometimes I truly love him and that stays with me, yet other times I could feel the exact opposite. I'm just lost at where I stand with him.

He wants me. He don't. He cheats on me. He says and does things that I cannot bare to mention, let alone speak about. He tells me he loves me and leaves me with nothing but regret most of the time. However, he always has his ways of making me coming right back to him. As much as I hate it, it always seems to go in one large misshaped loop. I hear the door creak and careful, light footed steps come closer.

"I'm sorry. I just love you so much that I feel the need to protect you from everything." Four's voice lingers in the air behind me. I sigh and keep still and shut my eyes as if I was asleep. I hear his feet shuffle along the floor and the bed dips besides me. His hand meets my face softly, gently and he strokes my cheek. I open my eyes sharply and am met with his warm, tender gaze.

"Hello you," I whisper smiling tiredly up at him. His smile grows as his eyes flicker to every one of my features before pausing at my lips.

"And hello to you too," he says back softly, "I think I am hopelessly caught up in your trap." He mutters closing the distance between us. His lips crash down on mine. I get lost in the love that he displays, yet I feel as if I'm not fulling buying into this. I feel torn into another direction. I pull away and look away from him.

"I-I cannot do this. I'm sorry." I mumble and turn my eyes down to the be besides me.

"Why what have I done?" He asks urgently. His hand grabs my face and forcefully tugs my head in his direction. His face hardens out of anger and panic fills my eyes and awakens my scenes. "Believe me when I say that I love you because I do." He growls and let's go of me to study my face. I can't let him get the better of me yet again. I can't keep letting him walk back into my life over and over again.

"Get out of-" I get cut off by a hard hand connecting with my cheek.

"No, I've told you before not to answer back." He continues to growl and stands up to leave. "I'm sorry." He mutters on his way out.

As soon as I hear the door click my sobs and cries and tears make their escape. Why do I have to love him sometimes? More tears fell as I cried my self into a pitiful sleep.