Chapter 2: Secret Place

A/N: I dedicated the second chapter to my dear friend Aysha Khatun. Her honest comments and a beautiful cover for my novel --- made me extremely happy ;D

=)read chap. and watch the video(which I truly luv!!) 

                                                                 Loretti.

Oh, what luck! One couldn’t possibly ask for such a hasty routine of weird things that befell on me.

First I seemed not to care about anything in the world and the next thing, I caught myself leaning on Chris, which was in fact embarrassing. Close yet distant. The cold look in his eyes sent chills down my spine and I would have flinched if I were in a state of understanding and controlling these unforeseen circumstances.

This was indeed frustrating, I thought, like a whimpering lost puppy. Instead of a warm, blissful welcome, a terrible encounter had occurred. Who could have foreseen such an accident? However, if one calmed down and analyzed the situation, the problem would be solved with some thinking.

I composed and scolded myself from behaving with ridiculous performance. A scowl was soon replaced with a smile, as the answer to the puzzle was found at last. It was due to the holy transformation that needed to be dealt. On top of my bizarre act, the prince passed out, causing immediate riddance of the wings. I was glad he involuntarily lent a hand. On the contrary, I didn’t believe that he had ever fainted before; perhaps meeting me was a terrible strain on him.

I stopped pacing and spotted his body lying unconscious on the creamy carpet. How powerful yet defenseless he appeared. He didn’t wake up as I dragged him onto the bed. His unfastened black silk shirt showed the thin torso and black pants covered weak legs. The outfit would look sexy on him if he had led a healthy lifestyle and had a muscular body to die for.

I scrunched my nose in repulsion of the heavy smell of alcohol in the air that loitered on me already. Without any thought, I freed the room of the unpleasant scent with the help of my second element wind which I used no less than fire.

I lied down next to Christopher, grasping the pillow with his odor scattered all over it. I buried my face into it, sniffing the husky fragrance the material now possessed, imagining the prince’s gripping the thing as If it was fate in his tough arms.

Turning my face to watch him sleep peacefully, I couldn’t contain my itchy hands off him and traced the curve of his nose with my index finger, slowly moving it onto his mouth. The temptation of kissing him was high. I could feel my heart in my mouth, the pulse quickened. Leaning closer, I felt my breath against his lips. Then unexpectedly, his expressionless features resembling a marble statue flashed in my memory. The look I hoped I would never receive. The affection vanished without a trace. The pain in my heart pounded the same way as the passion had. And so, I retreated.

The cool autumn wind stung against my body. I pulled sheets, which were made of the finest merino wool with the threaded 22-carat gold onto Chris, covering him with a soft duvet. I watched him sleep a little longer than I had intended to. Reluctantly, I got off from the bed, and wandered around. Everything was the same as it had been before. Except for a few horrid things. He had made sure no one was allowed to enter his chamber. Stacks of dirty clothes laid on the floor, some strong beverages in the bar, books scattered on the table. It was unlike Chris. Looks as if he rarely got out from his shell.

If I remember clearly, his behavior was the same as our very first accidental meeting one-year ago when I was seventeen looking astonished at the nineteen-year-old Christopher. It occurred so fast for my mind to register the unreal things; his little siblings Michael and Luisa summoned me from the human world. Curious as I was, I followed the lure and got myself into trouble. They were in a battle with grotesque monsters while I stood frightened and entirely stationary on the spot. And one would believe me that it was a nightmare! I dreamed of existence of magic realms, but not the entire different magical world.