Chapter 12: Embraced by Darkness

A/N: Wanna read some action? Well, this chapter is want you need then=) i put heartbreaking melody that suits the chapter(It brought tears into my eyes:'(

                                                                        Christopher.

I couldn’t feel the floor beneath my feet.

Was I hallucinating?

I kept thinking about Jude who had left with a cruel smile on his face. Jude’s earlier abnormal behavior still worried me. He wasn’t the best friend I would choose from everyone else. His questions were demanding and I couldn’t escape his manipulation.

I left the room and strode down the corridor. The music got louder, overpowering the voices, which were closer and closer with each passing step.

Once again princesses surrounded me as they saw me coming; I rather be somewhere else than having their company.

I glanced around, observing each and every human being, one by one.

I felt someone’s stare on me. Disappointment filled my heart when I realized she wasn’t Loretti.

I zoned out and minutes passed after which some guy pinched my arm and brought me back to reality, “Christopher?” Edward questioned me.

“Hmm…” I spaced out again as he blabbered about something I wasn’t interested in.

“For God’s sake, listen to me!”

I sighed and looked right into his eyes, “You got my attention”

“Christopher, please tell me you know where Loretti is”

-That caught me off guard.

“Well, she must have been here…” Then I remembered the gift I insisted her to wear today. Michael had created the product while Luisa had designed it. It was a metallic heart-shaped necklace with diamonds and mechanism presented at the front.

Taking a look at my watch, I shook my hand and punched a certain button for it to display the location of the necklace.

“Chris, is it showing that she is somewhere in the garden?” Edward noticed the dot that flickered bright red on the surface.

“She better be there”

Together we marched out directly to the garden. I frowned when the sign still showed us the furthest way. Luna joined us despite the fact that Edward being against her coming with us.

But all she said was, “She is my friend. I would not leave her. Besides, I’m in ‘The Circle’, comrades

In other circumstances I would chuckle at her speech, but I couldn’t now.

It was dark; we hardly saw our way in the endless darkness. Grey clouds blocked out brilliant stars, which should have been sparkling right now; but it seemed like it was going to rain.

“Owww”, Luna whined a little, when she tripped.

“What is it”, she said, observing her hands. Dark liquid covered her hands.

Feelings died,

Angel cried,”I heard someone speak.

Earth trembled,

Blue sky rumbled” I turned and saw Edward spacing out and murmuring the words.

My cousin cried out of pain, both hands instantly held his head. He didn’t stop the words coming out of his mouth.

“…E-embittered they stood,