Chapter 9: Be Mine

A/N: The picture for this chapter drawn by me;) Enjoy the chapter!=)

                                                                Christopher.

I scanned my hands, lost in a thought.

Was I that outrageously furious that I had hurt Loretti? How bold of me to act so inappropriately.

I should have knelt and asked for forgiveness a weeks ago. But would that have satisfied her? Would that have compensated and erased the pain?

No. She didn’t need anything like that; I’m afraid nothing would help her. Lara clearly confirmed my statement with the attitude for the past week avoiding me like I was the plague and the centre of her problems. Several questions gathered at the tip of my tongue, but I could not bring myself to voice them.

Call me mad or insane, either way I admired her stubborn tenacity.

I jumped onto her balcony from mine; mentally opening the glass door, I entered the bedchamber. Dark shadows took over the room. My head turned to the left, spotting Lara as she lied on the bed, sheets twisted around her in a tight spiral. She slept in mini cotton shorts and a tank top with two thin straps that one would consider inappropriate to wear during cold autumn evenings. Though, this cute kitten loved cold weather, she adored wind, and liked cold places. I wondered if it was due to possession of the element, fire that kept her warm throughout the year. Was this the reason she liked to embrace me, hugging my cool body against her warmer one? Even if she had used me for that single purpose, I couldn’t deny the fact any longer that I would gladly serve my lady.

Time to time she shook her head and whined a little.

I frowned and strode to her side. Kneeling soundlessly, I gave in to my urge to gently touch her forehead, caressing with my fingers. Then I stopped abruptly, seeing her persisting troubled expression. While I thought of all possible reasons as to why it was there, her expression softened and her lips opened, letting out a deep breath.

She calmed down and continued sleeping peacefully.

Slowly, a smile formed on my lips. That was the answer to the major question that tormented me lately. 

                                                              Loretti.

I woke up gasping from the dreams that the stranger kept appearing in. Fighting him was foolish as I was far weaker than him. I’d just get injured. Sleep was an important item in my life, besides chocolate and other stuff, and not getting it was a total catastrophe.

Half asleep, I dragged my body into the hallway. It was eerily quiet. A chill went down my spine. The red wine carpet didn’t save me from feeling the icy floor underneath my bare foot, so I marched into Chris’s room. Why his room? I didn’t know. I felt that only his presence could make my weakness disappear, as if it had never existed.

Barging in, I saw him standing all alone, facing the moon, hands in the pockets of his blue jeans. Loneliness overhangs him, a partner he can’t seem to get rid of.

He noticed my appearance and if I wasn’t slumber, I would have probably chuckled seeing his amazed expression. He blinked his eyes and was about to question my behavior when I hushed him by pointing to the king-sized bed.

I swayed dizzily and collapsed onto the cozy mattress, curling up into a ball.

Christopher, without a word, joined me. He covered my shivering body with a feathery blanket. I didn’t jolt when his arms circled around my waist, pulling me against his body. I didn’t sense any cold vibrations from him. Instead I felt warmth, I felt safe, secured in the embrace I hankered for what one may call an eternity.