Chapter 13: About to lose thy soul

Loretti.

“The worst thing is when a bird is locked in a cage”, Crevan mocked, “And is rid off its wings. Don’t you think so?”

I kept my mouth shut and stood completely still.

He slapped my face and I fell onto the stone cold ground. My cheek burned but I didn’t dare touch it with my hand, «You ignorant wench! Answer me when I command you to!»

He grabbed my chin with his rough hands, “Don’t. You. Think.?” he spat the words like a poisonous snake.

I cleared my throat, “Couldn’t agree more”

My eyes always stayed on the floor. I couldn’t find a reason to look at this disgusting place, which consisted of only foes and no friends.

With his devilish magic, he made metal handcuffs, which locked around my wrists as he pulled them over my head, and threw my body to the bed like he would to a rag doll. The bed squealed at his weight as he shifted from one position to another. Seconds later, I felt his fangs piercing my delicate skin. It hurt, but it was nothing compared to the agony, which I had experienced earlier.

Blood flowed into him as he greedily sucked on my life.

I slowly closed my eyes due to loss of blood when I heard someone speak, “Crevan, you have guests”

Crevan stopped and loosened his grip, “I wish I could twist your little neck” he addressed me, “but then, there won’t be anyone to entertain…” his tongue ran across his sharp teeth.

“Or feed me” he whispered dangerously.

He got up from the bed and exited the room while my body lay on pillows.

“What a sexy maid dress you got there” Daniel whistled. He examined my mini dress with frills, which that old pervert had ordered me to wear.

Dead silence.

After several minutes, I asked bluntly, “W-why?” I stuttered slowly, “Why am I here?”

As Daniel got closer to the bed, he reached for my face and turned it towards him, “Hate to admit it, but as Crevan has commented earlier: ‘to entertain us, darling’ ”

“You have run out of possible clowns? Or have you killed them all?” My monotonous voice echoed in space.

He snorted in response, hovering above me. Then he leaned down and tasted my blood.

Chris, I thought. Where are you? Why aren’t you here yet? Why didn’t you save me back there?

Are you stupid, my consciousness asked me, wasn’t that enough for you? You want to get hurt yet again? He will not come for you!

No, he must come and he is definitely going to save me, I fought back.

You are a fool to believe in him twice.

No! He- I shook my head mentally, ah yes, that was true. Reality was harsh. ‘He has finally gotten rid of my nuisance’.

Bitterness filled my heart and disappeared as fast as it had come.

I was hollow like a scarecrow standing in the fields, emotionless and empty.

***

I went to explore this horrible place and it was hard for me to see things clearly as it was very dark. It wasn’t because of my interest that I roamed through these hallways; it was an order.