Chapter Five

"Will that be all, sir?" Megan, his personal assistant and secretary asked him politely.

Without glancing her way as he finished up some of his business transactions, he dismissed her with a nod. A scowl was apparent on Megan's face when she shut his office door behind her, but it quickly turned into a smile as one of the board members of the company strode to the office.

Megan then poked her head back through the door without sparing another second.

"Mr. Vittorio," she called for his attention, her voice urgent. He seemed to notice this and raised his eyes from the computer screen to her plastic heart-shaped face. "Mr. Harbor is on his way here, should I let him in?"

Closing his laptop, he stretched his hands out before folding them behind his head as he leaned back in his comfortable chair. He nodded in consent and Megan quickly pulled her head back out of his office. But in less time than he anticipated, his best friend and colleague in college popped inside of his office. He grinned at him when his eyes landed on Achilles.

"What now?" Achilles asked, irritated at his friend's unwelcome visit. He still had a truck load of work to do. Or that was what he told himself as he checked his Rolex watch for the umpteenth time since he came to work.

"Well, that is the sure way of greeting your best friend of ten years," Sean stated sarcastically as he took a seat in front of Achilles' desk, ignoring the daggers being thrown his way. "So what's got your balls in a racket this bright and gloomy morning?"

Achilles charcoal eyes narrowed at his American friend who had a knowing smirk on his face that he wanted to tear off. But knowing he would a hypocrite to do so since he had done that to his friend so many times over the years, he returned the smirk. Sean lifted a dark eyebrow at that.

"Bright and gloomy are antonyms," Achilles informed him as he opened back up his laptop. "You do know that, right? Or am I overestimating your brain capacity?"

"Ha, ha, ha!" Sean laughed dryly. "Great way of trying to change the subject, but it isn't going to work today Ace, now answer my question."

Achilles raised his head to meet the challenging gaze of his friend. Since they met in college, Sean could not pronounce his name properly for some unknown reason, so he had started calling him Ace to somehow shorten his name. Achilles never liked it, but he got immune to it in a matter of months. It wasn't the worse nickname on the planet.

"And when since have I been obligated to answer any of your questions?" Achilles inquired gravely, enjoying the clear frustration written on Sean's face.

"Since the day you had broke my baby sister's heart," Sean pointed an accusing finger at him. "And we both ended up in the hospital as best friends."

"A very wise move of yours," Achilles commented with a smug smile. Of course, being much more muscular and taller, Achilles had put the soccer player, Sean in the hospital for a concussion, broken nose, loose teeth, blood loss and fractured ribs. Achilles was only there because of his bruised knuckles and scraps. "Although I don't hold it to you, I would have done the same if a guy had broken my sister's heart which I did not. And Samantha and you are twins. Pretty sure she is capable of making her own decisions of how to handle her 'problems'."

"It's a woman." Sean suddenly stated, looking sure of himself.

Achilles was a little taken aback by his friend's remark. He wanted to quickly deny it, but he wasn't even sure. It didn't strike him earlier as a reason for his considerably foul mood this morning. He had been thinking about Miss Kaleb all night in his dreams. And then there was that cold shower and fantasies while on his way over. Was it her? Did his friend really hit the hammer right on the nail? Or was he overthinking this? She didn't call him and even though he knew her number, he was not going to call her. He was not one of those guys that he saw so many times hunt or chase women. If she wanted him, she had to come get him. He heard too many stories of men begging, conning and crying for these women. Why would he do that? There was just too many options out there to just hunt down a woman and prove the theory of men being dogs true.