Chapter Eleven

There wasn't a lot of things that Achilles could tolerate. And that was one of the reasons he wondered why he even hung around this insufferable blonde man he called his friend and soul brother. To make it worse, the guy had been in his office when he came in, lounging in one of the black leather sofas near his desk looking like he was at home. Achilles had half a mind to kick him out, but things were never that easy for Achilles. It was either now or later. A never was not included in Bro Code, according to the man in front of his desk.

His best friend, Sean was laughing his ass off, while he sent him a death glare that made strong men cower. Achilles should have realized that Sean was thoroughly immune to his killer glare by now, but he couldn't stop himself. It was either that or have his fist smashed into his friend's amused face. Probably he shouldn't have said anything to him. Although it did relieve him of some of his grumpiness from the day before. But the anger he felt right now was nothing compared to how he wanted to murder Sean. Yes, the plan for murder needed to be put in action.

"Are you done yet?" Achilles asked him, his voice harsher than he intended. "I don't have all day you know." Because if you stay any longer, I will not have even so much of a string of control over my actions if I kill you next.

Achilles always had a strong rein on his emotions, but that always excluded his temper around Sean. There was always an exception for him which Achilles thought was very disturbing. Not to forget unnerving.

"Man..." the American man choked from his excessive laughter causing Achilles to roll his eyes. "You are more of a cocksucker than I thought," Achilles growled, trying hard to stay seated in his chair with his hands on the surface of his artfully crafted mahogany desk and Sean held his hand up, sobering up at last. "Okay, you aren't a cocksucker, but you seriously just left her? A living, breathing Spanish woman?"

The thought never crossed his mind. He just thought that he was doing her a favor. What harm could come from that? But now that Sean had put it that way, Achilles was thinking he was in more trouble than he intended.

Sean grinned at his best friend's expression. The creases in  Achilles' face was prominent as he immersed himself in his thoughts. He was seeing where Sean was getting at, but he still didn't understand. She wasn't an unreasonable Spanish woman. She was sensible and would see his cause to flee the scene sooner or later. 

"If you have to be thinking so hard about that, you clearly don't understand," Sean told him with that smirk he was finding himself immensely hating. "Let me make it simpler. Women are emotional beings. We as men will work off logic and what we see. Women? They work off of what they feel," Achilles studied his friend as the American approached him. "And believe a married man, their feelings aren't always good ones."

Achilles lifted an eyebrow in amusement. "Oh really, and how not good can they be?" he inquired teasingly. "Leave me a teddy at my door without a rose or calling my phone every second of the day? Because believe me, I have gone through worse."

Sean then backs a way with his palms up in the air as if calling defeat. But Achilles knew his best friend better than that. The slight tilt of Sean's lips did not go unnoticed. He was playing some tricky psychological game and Achilles senses was on high alert. This was definitely not good.

"Okay then, Ace," Sean said, making eye contact with him and Achilles rolled his eyes. He was really getting annoyed by his friend's charade. "But mark my words, you are definitely going to regret this."

Achilles pondered the thought and shrugged. "And if I don't, what's in it for me?" He was only teasing, but Sean stared at him with a grave look that spoke volumes of how a pain in the ass Achilles is. He was really an hypocrite to Achilles since he was annoying, equally if not more.