Chapter Seventeen

Kaarina didn't know how she managed to cook without burning herself. Even though she had left Achilles to finish the little pastries and croissants for the morning customers who came for breakfast and their daily dose of caffeine, she was all too aware of his presence from way over the other kitchen.

When passing by she would catch his gaze and more time than not, she would feel her knees give out. At that warning, she tried to cautiously avoid making eye contact at him as much as possible, but she had to check up on him so that was virtually impossible. He was under her rule at the moment. Although she wasn't paying him.

Kaarina went beside him to see how well was doing, shocked at how easy he moved in the unfamiliar kitchen. It was weird to see a guy so big to have such fluid movements. Kaarina wondered who taught him to do these things and baked. Even the other workers had to give him credit. Well, the extra help is needed, she thought, her head unconsciously making a small incline which grazed Achilles arm.

"Hey, boss lady," he gave her a knowing smirk without stopping his 'work'. Kaarina watched as he kneaded the dough with such precision and tenderness that it invoked some dirty images in her head of where else he could be kneading. Another of her employees bustled in the kitchen and Kaarina fought to remember where she was and to cool down before she made a fool of herself. "Anything I can do for you?"

Kaarina licked her lips, a whole lot of erotic things coming to mind. She quickly shook her head, somehow trying to get rid of the thoughts that would never happen. She was too out of her league here.

"Yep, you could come on and take lunch," she informed him, her voice a little colder than expected. Probably it was due to the fact she was putting in a lot effort to give him any indication or idea of her naughty thoughts. Dirty, dirty Kay, she reprimanded herself, although she was kind of thrilled at the sound of it. She imagined Achilles saying those exact words to her and an involuntary shiver ran down her spine.

She flushed when she saw his knowing gaze on her. He just gave her a slow smile before glancing away to wash his hands, but she could still feel the heat of his dark gaze on her.

"If you say so, boss lady," he grinned at her as he dried his hands on a paper towel before dropping it in the bin. "Have to admit my croissants were the bomb."

He raised an arrogant eyebrow at her and she rolled her eyes at him to try and hide the blush that stained her cheeks. It was still something Kaarina was working on when he was around. She wasn't use to such attention and it was quite embarrassing for her. Especially from such an irresistible hunk of a guy. Who knew raising an eyebrow could be so sexy? Or was it just her and her raging hormones that made it seem that way?

"Probably explains why customers are still buying them even though it's after one in the afternoon," they both glanced at the clock before quickly meeting each other's gaze again.

There was something going on between them that made her skin prickle and her clothes feel a little too suffocating. She wasn't someone who liked being naked at any time, even when the lights are off. She always considered that for beautiful people. But right at that moment, she wouldn't mind being naked. With him.

Kaarina was the first to break the gaze, the world finally seemed to be moving again. It was quite shocking how easy it was for her to forget about the world. It was like everything faded away with him. And that immediately put Achilles on her 'most dangerous' list.

"Well, let's get going," she told him, walking away. It seemed the only way she could think rationally was when she put some distance between them and she wasn't looking at him. "Lunch time isn't all that long and I cannot wait until midnight for food."