Chapter Twenty Six

"Well, would you look at that?" Achilles said as the woman on his mind all day skipped out of the restaurant with a glow that hugged her. He was captivated and for once, his attention was unwavering. And that was all because of her.

She grinned at him and he tried to act skeptical. Kaarina was always the optimistic, but she was never jolly. Caught off guard, it took Achilles a quick moment to steady himself as Kaarina threw herself in his arms.

With that devilish glint in her eyes, she pressed her lips to his. He immediately opened to her and she, for once, took control of the kiss. And Achilles was absolutely helpless to stop her.

She then pulled back and gave him a teasing smile.

"Good day at work?" She shook her head and her smile turned into a full blown grin before she rubbed their noses together. Achilles grinned back, loving how adorable she was acting.

She stretched out her feet to touch the ground and Achilles, getting the message, reluctantly released his hold on her waist.

"Gonna tell me why you're so happy?" He asked and she nodded with that same contagious grin.

"Let us get in the car first," she whispered, watching the group of her employees that were making small talk at the bus stop. "I think I am drawing way too attention to us."

Achilles then grabbed her hips and pushed her back into the car, his hips crushing her. Kaarina made a little gasp and he found himself nipping her ear lobe. She bit her lip, trying to hold back the little moan that wanted to escape. Achilles smiled at that.

"Are you ashamed of me, Miss Kaleb?" He asked playfully in her ear and she giggled, a sound he knew he wanted to hear again.

"I don't think so, but it all depends on what I will get as a reward," she wrapped her arms around his neck with her eyes focused on his lips. "Or the consequence."

Her half lidded eyes rose to meet his and Achilles was losing control of not just his body's response to her, but he was losing the war with his mind as well.

"Theo..." She started and he shook his head, moving away from her and opening the car door for her.

"Let's go," he said, trying to clear his mind of all thoughts of her. But it wasn't working, especially with her in front of him biting that bottom lip of hers. Who knew he could be turned on just by her biting her lip?

Just incredible, he thought, his hand raking through his hair as he tried to regain control. She was really a temptress.

"Okay," she said getting into the car and immediately squealing. "Oh my goodness! Quang, how good to see you again?"

He smiled as he slammed the door and went around to the driver's side. She gave him a you could have given me a warning look that he suspected only he could really understand since not even Quang could pick up on it. And nothing missed that dog.

"Well, who knew such a big boy could be so good," she told Quang as he licked her face, something he wouldn't dare do to Achilles.

"So you gonna tell me what got you so happy tonight?" He gave her a quick side glance as they moved into traffic.

She continued to rub behind Quang's ear as she stared at the road ahead. Achilles swore he saw the dog smile, giving him a devilish look. But then again, he could be seeing things. Who could tell that he would soon wake up and this all was a dream?

"Well, mom called to say she isn't coming back until tomorrow," she stated and Achilles tried not to think of what she was implying by telling him that. But jeez, he was already having the image of she and him in bed. Stupid brain. "And I am ready."