Chapter Twenty One

Kaarina tried to imagine what she thought her childhood crush would come to look like. Definitely drool worthy, but she didn't expect him to be a panty wetter, swoon worthy and sexy as hell.

Those were things that she never knew could exist in one man that lived on earth. It was so funny that she never remembered his first or last name to add everything up. He was always Theo to her. Her Theo.

But gush were those days gone. No more little Theo with his toothy grin and gleeful smiles. Now it was Achilles Vittorio, a fire blazing sex God that who smirked more than he smiled.

Yet, didn't she change too? She could never be the same crowd pleaser with the puppy eyes and always tried to prove herself as a big girl rather than big baby.

Kaarina sighed, her brain feeling a little too over worked for a Friday night. But then again, that was when the crowd came out here in New York City.

There was so many things she had to get used to that were completely different in New Oregon. Yet there were so many things she didn't get to explore in this big city. From she arrived in the city, she have been working and barely had time for anything else.

Kaarina turned her head from the car window to focus on the man beside her who had his hands on the steering wheel.

His eyes were on the road intently, but she saw him tense up, gripping the steering wheel tighter when her gaze landed on him. She pursed her lips, shifting a little in her seat belt to accommodate the new position.

She didn't say a word to him which was completely uncharacteristic of her. She could ask him all that the next day. For now, she just wanted to observe and absorb his physical features. She was never one who had the patience and quietness for such matters, but she figured they both needed the moment to drown in their own thoughts.

Folding her hands in her lap, she continued her staring whilst tilting her head a little bit. She remembered having an enormous crush on him and she thought he knew too. But he was so sweet and brought her with him where ever he went.

Well, the child cute version of this man beside her. She blushed remembering the time she closed her eyes on their last day together, thinking she would finally get her heart's desire for a kiss on the lips. Instead, he leaned down and bypassed her lips and gave her a peck on the cheek before leaning back to his full length and smiling wickedly. Even though it wasn't on her lips, she blushed profusely and ducked her head, looking up at him through the curtain of her hair.

He had laughed and gave her another hug, that made her blush again at their proximity. That was the best summer of her life. And she was positive that her heart soared at the memory every time she remembered it.

Pulling out of her reverie, she gasped at the sudden evasion of intense dark whirlpools in her line of sight. There was a ghost of a smirk on his lips as his arm dangled off her headrest, his hand causing a breeze to swish across her cheeks.

Kaarina tried to act unaffected by the smoldering look in his eyes, but the hand on chest, her panicked expression and panting pretty much gave it away. His eyes darkened as his gaze fell on her chest and Kaarina hoped that her bra was padded enough to not show her taunt nipples.

She shifted a little, tearing her gaze from his and looked through the window. Her breathing became harsher as she willed so much control and force to look away from him. They were in front of her apartment building.

She felt his eyes trail down her body, everywhere that his gaze roamed lighting up and spreading like wildfire. Trembling, she turned back to him with a small smile.