Chapter Seven

"IIII lllovvveee you."

Achilles checked his watch once more wondering when this torture would end. The kid was sweet, but Achilles wasn't one for affections.

"Yeah," he ruffled the boy's dark brown hair. "I love you too, bud."

"Really?" The boy's bright green eyes stared up at him.

"Yep," Achilles answered casually with a shrug. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Why don't you call me Luca like everyone else?" Achilles looked down at his curious nephew and sighed. The boy was much harder to handle than he thought. The kid seemed to live for asking questions like he was some type of pop quiz.

"Because Luca reminds me of a dog," he told him, a little  exhausted. "And I am sure you don't want me to think of you as a dog, right?" He paused and on cue, the boy shook his head. "Exactly. Now are you sure your mother is on her way?"

The little boy nodded with a grin. "And so will daddy."

Achilles groaned, putting his head in his hands. It all made perfect sense why they were taking so long. Achilles figured they were screwing in the backseat of a car.

This is just great, he thought as he scrubbed his face with his hands. Just how I wanted to spend my Friday night.

"Remind me to never answer your father's calls kid," Achilles told his godson which he should treat better.

It's not that he really hated children. He just wanted to avoid the emotional and unexpected journey they being with them. Achilles was one of those many guys who loved to control, but he was one of the few guys that actually do have control and do well at it too. Many persons said he had OCD the way he was clean and tidy, but Achilles failed to agree. He was mentally stable and the only reason his houses were that clean and tidy was because he barely spent time at any one of them. His mother considered having so many houses were a waste of money. He thought plastic surgery was a waste of money, yet it never stopped her.

Achilles was in no mood to take care of a kid. As a matter of fact, he was never good with children. The creatures usually did not have a liking towards him. He guessed it was the sacrifice of doing so well around his peers and the elderly. Not like he had time for them. He wasn't even sure he wanted any. Just hearing about what the woman had to undergo to have a child caused him to cringe. Yeah, he would leave the little children where they were. It was better that way. For him and the entire human race.

Achilles then felt a tug on the foot of his jeans. He looked down to see the little boy staring at him with curious wonder and enthusiasm. This had Achilles frowning unknowingly.

"Yes, bud?" He asked the child, checking his watch before directing his attention back to the little boy. "What is it?"

Seeing that he had caught his attention, the boy released Achilles pants and showed him his colouring book. The colourful iron man stared up at Achilles with a bright smile and Achilles fought hard to not laugh.

"You're an artist," Achilles bent down to a level which was a little higher than the boy's height. "You did well, bud."

The little boy grinned even brighter than the cartoon iron man in his colouring book. Achilles grinned back and the little boy ran back to the coffee table to colour another picture, obviously happy with his praise. Achilles shook his head before standing to his full length.

He once again looked out the window, watching the movement of people so small beneath him. Achilles wondered if Kaarina was down there too. She kept his mind occupied and was quite the distraction. Achilles never liked distractions, but this one he was going to fully enjoy. He didn't doubt it anyways.