Chapter Fifteen

Staring at the picture of the younger versions of himself and her, Achilles found that it was probably a bad idea to put the picture in a frame on the enormous sturdy mahogany desk which Achilles didn't doubt held a history that was larger than its very size, but he used it for work at his private office in his home.  There was always times in life that Achilles questioned his sanity. Which born workaholic on the planet would find himself staring at a picture rather than attending to the stack of documents in front of him? It was quite simple. The one and only Achilles Vittorio.

Achilles took in a deep breath, spearing his hands into the black night of his hair, pulling at the roots for a brief moment. Fighting the urge to loosen his tie to breathe and the urge to hold that picture and stare at it endlessly, Achilles groaned wishing he didn't plan to come home. He then recalled the day she was in that exact room. He could especially remember the tenderness she had held the only personal picture he kept on display in his private study. She seemed so small, yet madly stubborn. Just by the puckering lips and her stance or even the way she pulled her eyebrows together into a cute 'v'.

He frowned at that thought as he felt the flurry of soft fur at his feet. Leaning back in his chair with his hands unconsciously caressing the dark antique leather of the chair hand rests.

As expected, Quang leaped up on to his lap. The dog rested his head in his master's lap looking up at him with those soulful and unforgiving icy blue eyes.

Achilles sighed, wondering why the hell he couldn't get Kaarina out of his head. He was usually in more control than this and it made him feel on edge. Then again, he had never dealt with something or rather, a woman like Kaarina before. She was so far from the stereotypes of the women he usually "dated".

She wasn't throwing herself at him. She wasn't a blonde with sharp blue eyes that sparkled at the mention of his wealth and who came with a mouth for a radio without an off switch. She wasn't those women who ate up every word he said and tried in every way to get on his good side.

Kaarina on the other hand was out to kill him. And instead of being terrified, he felt the urge to fight back like any other full grown normal man. Or at least that was his theory. He could be the only man on the planet to challenge a blue-blooded Spanish woman. But wait-wasn't her mother American?

Achilles shrugged off that knowledge. It really didn't matter, especially since she had the features and personality of a full Spanish woman. All year-round effortless tan and hourglass figure. Oh yes, she was something. A very stubborn and head-strong one at that.

His mind then wondered to the glimpse of childhood he had when he went to that summer home with his separated parents. It was such a rare happy moment of his life, one he could never forget.

He then returned his focus to his work, trying once again to focus on his work rather than Kaarina. But no, she was more dangerous than he thought. Haunting his thoughts and devouring his consciousness without even being there. Which all added up to one thing in his mind:

She screwed up his head.

Now, this was new. He wasn't use to this and quite frankly Achilles never had a problem with women before for obvious reasons. Women threw themselves, both literally and figuratively speaking, at every chance they got and another woman shouldn't matter. But she did.

And that was the freaking problem.

It was quite useless trying to act otherwise. She wasn't just a problem for him. She was also the solution. He didn't how or how he came up with that theory, but his instincts never failed him.

Pushing the stack of documents to one side, he popped open his thin Apple laptop. Since he couldn't find the mind power to do paper work, he would have to settle for something more simple. He decided to check his e-mail and check out the websites of his different businesses. But that could only done after he contacted the captain of one of his security teams on ground level to locate Miss Kaleb.