Chapter Thirty

Kaarina was speechless as she followed an awfully familiar man out of the elevator and into the cream floored garage. Was that tile or marble?

Thinking seemed impossible at that moment. The reality of what almost happened was slowly catching up with her as they went directly to a sleek black limousine.

He could have had her up there in his mighty castle, but he didn't want to see her regrets later. He wanted her present and pleasantly ravished when he was through with her.

Something Kaarina knew, but was too embarrassed to even think about. She was thinking about it now though. And only because she knew he knew. It was all confusing in and out of itself.

Por el amor de Dios, she thought. How could she be mad at him for that? But she was, wasn't she?

He was being a perfect gentleman, something unforeseen by the constant scandals the tabloids portrayed of him. She froze at that thought. She couldn't recall seeing him in the tabloids for quite awhile since they met. She was sure her mother would have said something since her mother was always probing to see what was actually going on between Achilles and her. Sadly, she wasn't sure about that herself.

She wanted to hate him with every fiber of her being as his rejection stung her in so many ways. But couldn't. Not when she knew the real him. To an extent anyways.

The pristine butler opened the door of the limousine and that was when Kaarina took notice to her environment. She was surrounded by shiny, seemingly expensive cars. Her teenage obsession of cars allowed her to identify one and two high end cars, but that was it.

"Who does all these cars belong to?" She heard herself asking, not sure why she was concerning herself with such matters. Who cared about who owned those vehicles? She didn't, that was for sure.

"Mr. Vittorio, ma'am," he stated in a flat tone, making her wonder how vast Achilles' fortune. She then shook her head, chastising herself silently for even caring. "Is there anything else, ma'am?"

The expectant look on his face brought her back to reality. Time was moving with or without her and she needed to get home. Kaarina slipped into the limousine without answering and she tried not to feel. Because she couldn't manage the confusion. Especially since she couldn't really grip reality and the life she known anymore. Most importantly, what was going to happen next?

She wasn't sure, but she definitely knew he wasn't going to have that control anymore.

Just because he was a man with deep pockets and owned a lot cars didn't mean he would get away with taking over her restaurant right under her nose.

But you were willing to give it away to some stranger.

Kaarina scowled, trying to ignore the plush leather seat that moulded to her body. It was far too easy to relax and she wasn't one to go the easy route. Well, usually.

She felt angry, not him but at herself. For acting like some lost puppy. Some needy minx. What the hell was that?

He was getting to her head. Just then, she looked through the window to find herself staring up at the mighty tower Achilles lived in and she felt the breath leave her lungs. He was up there and even from so far, she could still feel his eyes on her; dissecting and analyzing her. It didn't matter that the glass windows were tinted and so was the limousine window. There was just that connection, a pull of some sort.

Kaarina tilted her head as she watched the blur of images, leading further away from him. But she knew that one way or another she would be seeing him the next day. She looked down at her little wristwatch. Or rather later that day since it was pass midnight already.