Chapter Fourteen

Kaarina was out of the restaurant less than a minute of putting up the closed sign.

"I'll be back at three." Kaarina promised herself which would have been foolish since three o'clock was exactly three hours and twenty minutes away, but she already knew that tonight wasn't a night she was going to sleep.

Achilles' parting words kept repeating itself through her mind.

"Because all the things to happen are beyond just benefits."

A shiver ran down her spine and she gripped the flaps of her jacket closer to her body, seeking warmth but she knew that wasn't anything to do with being cold. It wasn't even an unpleasant shiver. Definitely pleasant. Probably too pleasant for her sound of mind.

Kaarina quickened her steps to the bus stop where a usual crowd of both unfamiliar and regularly seen persons coming from all sorts of places, mainly work though as Kaarina noted.

She really wanted to keep her distance from the crowd that was a norm for her, but for some reason she kept a wary eye out for a more than familiar face of a person she barely knew. The night he had picked her up right at this exact bus stop was a dull nagging at the back of her brain, but it was too annoying to push aside.

With all her worrying, the bus finally arrived and for the first time, she sat close to the front. The sad thing was that unlike around the back, someone sat beside her. The good thing was that it was some young kid in a MacDonald's uniform. The kid didn't even glance her way and she was appreciative of that. She rested her head against the glass of the window, thinking how she really needed to get a ride of her own.

She was thinking about it for some time that public transportation wasn't doing it for her anymore. But probably it was for the better as she was usually bone tired after work. A cab service might have been better, but that would be too expensive for maintaining every single day. Although she truly feared that one day she would dose off on the bus and wake up in Toronto. As ridiculous as that sounded, it really did rattle her.

Despite being exhausted, her mind was definitely not tired as it went on making her think of a tall and most definitely Greek tycoon of a God. She was shocked that Achilles wasn't struck by lightning by now. The gods would probably be considerably  jealous of such a fine specimen of a man.

Her mind wondered to the dinner they had that seemed like it happened just the day before. Kaarina admitted she was never going to forget it no matter how much she come to dislike Achilles. Although, to be truthful to herself, she never really hated him. Just angry. Probably a million more emotions were jumbled with that, but not one of them were hatred. She knew that for a fact. It was quite impossible to hate him anyways. Besides from that jerk move the other day, he was a perfect gentleman. An arrogant one at that, yet nonetheless a gentleman.

He was a guy who was now her friend, although she couldn't fathom how that was going to work out. I mean, she knew there was something between them that unyielding and made sure its presence was known anytime they were together. That day was a living proof of it!

Kaarina supposed she could call it chemistry. It was something sizzling between them before she even knew about his billionaire status from a young child at thirteen with a gaming app she remembered was her favourite even now. He was the owner and CEO of many companies now that dealt with technology and some 'random' investments, as he called them. She recalled everything he had said and she had the faith to believe every word he said at the time. That part wasn't foolish of her. Everything he said was the truth as was her responses to him when they were doing twenty questions(or rather forty since she asked him so many questions) and all. So why couldn't have faith in that they would just remain friends despite this attraction between them? Probably it would pass anyways. He was a very sexy guy, one of a kind that her girly parts were not immune to. Although, she didn't think he was one that any person could find themselves immune to, especially with those extremely good looks and charming smile and panty-melting accent.